Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Well, $h1+ - that makes my life easier. SRO it is! I like the idea of the enclosed emitter, but, even 30 days of battery life isn't gonna cut it for a serious use optic...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just went to handle the first Acro I received, mounted to a G19 MOS upper. Based on when I posted a video here, that was about 30 days ago. Battery is dead — it was left on, one or two clicks down from max. I would say to turn it way down or off when not actively using the Acro.
    How long had it been since you last checked it? 30 days or somewhere in between then and now?

My eight day deal may not be unique after all although I was hoping it was.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Well, $h1+ - that makes my life easier. SRO it is! I like the idea of the enclosed emitter, but, even 30 days of battery life isn't gonna cut it for a serious use optic...
    Anyone tested SRO life yet on the highest setting/worst case scenario?

Ideally Trijicon used the well-established guts of the RMR but it could just as easily be something entirely new all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How long had it been since you last checked it? 30 days or somewhere in between then and now?

My eight day deal may not be unique after all although I was hoping it was.

It has been probably a week since I looked at this Acro, so I don’t know. A month, one or two clicks down from max, maybe even less, is my best estimate of how long this Acro went.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This is very discouraging. I had very high hopes for ACRO due to the closed emitter, but this level of battery performance isn’t going to cut it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have been an extremely satisfied Aimpoint user for years, and have a few dozen or more of them, but this is not going to cut it for this product. I hope there is something about my unit, my battery, or something else I am missing, but if this is SOP for the Acro, I predict it is a total fail for LE/EDC. Also, changing the battery is a total PITA compared to the DP Pro. With the Acro, you need to be careful to use the right size flat blade to not bugger it up, the cap is small, the battery needs to be pried out, then you need to be careful not to cross thread it putting the cap back on. A battery change on the Acro is not something you want to do in a hurry or in low light or adverse conditions.

From what I recall of Aimpoint's literature the ACRO will run over a year on the middle setting. Can there really be that much additional draw going up a few clicks in brightness?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    From what I recall of Aimpoint's literature the ACRO will run over a year on the middle setting. Can there really be that much additional draw going up a few clicks in brightness?

Middle setting is not what I need to use this optic. I leave mine one click down from max for an all condition usable dot.

Good reminder, that regardless of company, be cautious when beta testing a new product. Their roll out and battery issues is going to kill this optic

Or, they will cause Aimpoint to make product improvements. I still hope ACRO works out, I just wonder if it’s not soup yet.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List