Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    Cool contacts. Probably a patent violation, could be a license. I would like to know their cycle life — germane to this discussion. Probably mostly ok tho.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It shouldn't work, as two voltage sources in series would double the voltage; you'd end up with it outputting 6 volts rather than the original 3 volts. Unfortunately, the CR1225 is the thickest of the CR12xx batteries.
    I can think of a way to put them in parallel.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Cool contacts. Probably a patent violation, could be a license. I would like to know their cycle life — germane to this discussion. Probably mostly ok tho.
    (Since you sound like you are well versed on the subject) With monthly replacement, is the likelihood of breaking a contact high? I remember breaking 2 MRO contacts on initial battery install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'd thought about a deeper cap, running two 1225's + to +, and then using a thin insulated to jumper to connect the - terminals, but that's still just 100mAh. While that's twice as much capacity as a single battery, it's only half as shitty as far as runtime goes. That's why I figured an adapter/expanded cap for something like .a 2032 would be better.
    Hard to get contact down the well. I think the user base would still be disappointed, because I suspect the Acro takes more power to achieve the same perceived brightness. Plus our adapters would be lossy.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I'm mostly just wanting to make fun of the ACROs short battery life.
    Its pretty easy to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Its pretty easy to do!
    At least Tom is good at it. You've managed to become annoying with whatever axe you have to grind against a product you don't own.

As I said earlier, it's a probably a dumb idea. I'm mostly just wanting to make fun of the ACROs short battery life.
    It’s more fun to make fun of the people who bought the Acro. Optics don’t get butthurt.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    At least Tom is good at it. You've managed to become annoying with whatever axe you have to grind against a product you don't own.
    Your feelings are noted... Ignored, but noted.

Last edited by Sigfan26; 06-16-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Well, the thread started as a record of battery life, so:
    15 June, 2019, 1145h- new Renata battery installed in ACRO. General plan is to run one click up from initial brightness and adjust as situations warrant.
    I also have some ACRO P-1s coming in for department-one is a spare. When I have that in hand, will install new battery, go to full power, and report that.
    I’m a little disappointed in the battery life, but if I can get to 30 days on one battery, I can deal with it. I hope Aimpoint comes out with more information. I appreciate the sealed emitter, and plan to work with it, within reason.
    Piece of information: the battery cap can be removed/installed with a penny or dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    GJM practically shoots in his sleep. He spends more time at the range than I spend in my apartment (I don’t know the exact numbers, but this could actually be true). He’d know if his optic was off.

Where did you come up with that? I simply asked if he confirmed zero. Now I know from his response.

Hopefully aimpoint is paying attention to all the chatter and can come up with a fix. Seems like there is one squeaky ass wheel that needs some grease.

User Tag List