Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    So, FUD... got it.
    Pretty much, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath expecting Aimpoint to issue a recall for this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Nope. Probably the best we may see is a Rev B that has a motion sensor.

Without knowing Aimpoint's design parameters all the speculation is just that. But I assume the 1225 battery and the constant on features were chosen to meet a specific design requirement. Whether this was done to meet a size/weight requirement or just simply a case of using existing dot technology and the smallest battery that provided some functionality is unknown.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Student
    Figured some of you folks might be interested in this flashback.

Rewatched InRange TV's bit with the Acro at Shot Show earlier at the beginning of this year.

Battery life talked about at the 2:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78jCaIF1OMI

Thanks to all you folks who put in the work so I have an excuse to hold off on transitioning to red dots a bit longer and buy something else I want first.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Figured some of you folks might be interested in this flashback.

Rewatched InRange TV's bit with the Acro at Shot Show earlier at the beginning of this year.

Battery life talked about at the 2:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78jCaIF1OMI

Thanks to all you folks who put in the work so I have an excuse to hold off on transitioning to red dots a bit longer and buy something else I want first.
    To save people listening, Aimpoint rep says we “want you to turn it on and leave it on. At normal daylighting setting, 7, it will last a year.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To save people listening, Aimpoint rep says we “want you to turn it on and leave it on. At normal daylighting setting, 7, it will last a year.”
    You should put one at 7 and see if it lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Would one of you guys with an ACRO be so kind as to post a picture of the inside of the battery compartment and cap with the battery removed? Thanks!

Name:  asset.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  56.9 KB

Are these type of batteries able to be doubled up (like putting cr123’s inline in flashlights)? You’d just need a longer (deeper) cap (rather than a wider one).
    Last edited by TCB; 06-16-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Are these type of batteries able to be doubled up (like putting cr123’s inline in flashlights)? You’d just need a longer (deeper) cap (rather than a wider one).
    Not that I have seen, but that's a decent idea.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've seen that idea mentioned on another forum. Similar to the KAC battery cap.

If feasible I imagine the aftermarket will respond soon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It shouldn't work, as two voltage sources in series would double the voltage; you'd end up with it outputting 6 volts rather than the original 3 volts. Unfortunately, the CR1225 is the thickest of the CR12xx batteries.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 06-16-2019 at 04:31 PM.

User Tag List