Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Maybe Surefire can bring out a pressure switch for the Acro, that when you squeeze, it turns the red dot on, and when you release it turns back off.
    There’s someone at Aimpoint like “WE HAVE AN IDEA!!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there actually been a recognition of the low battery life under real-world conditions by the company? Does Aimpoint have a plan to fix the battery life or are we going to be stuck as is with this current generation optic? Wish they would've been more upfront about the battery life on max settings. At least Trijicon has on their FAQ that the RMR Type 2 has a max of 25 days on the highest setting.
    Last edited by dfeder530; 06-15-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Normally I don’t go to wal mart to avoid getting shot, but now I’ll add not getting bent over.

My point about the time necessary to change the battery was that if a battery swap once a week is eating $0.60 and six minutes out of my week, that’s probably a livable exchange for the exposed emitter and battery contacts and blue tint that are featured on the second best optic available for the purpose; and it’s slightly possible that this issue might not look like a complete showstopper in the cold light of dawn.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Normally I don’t go to wal mart to avoid getting shot, but now I’ll add not getting bent over.

My point about the time necessary to change the battery was that if a battery swap once a week is eating $0.60 and six minutes out of my week, that’s probably a livable exchange for the exposed emitter and battery contacts and blue tint that are featured on the second best optic available for the purpose; and it’s slightly possible that this issue might not look like a complete showstopper in the cold light of dawn.
    You do you chief. I am at a point where, as long as the poor decisions of others don’t directly effect me, I couldn’t care less.

Normally I don’t go to wal mart to avoid getting shot
    Should probably just avoid KC altogether if you are really concerned about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Should probably just avoid KC altogether if you are really concerned about it...
    Sold. I stay in Overland Park. Nowhere is safe, which is why I carry a (iron sighted) gun, but after fifteen years in Brookside I bugged out, man.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Sold. I stay in Overland Park. Nowhere is safe, which is why I carry a (iron sighted) gun, but after fifteen years in Brookside I bugged out, man.
    I honestly never felt that worried in KC. I was surprised to learn how violent it is (when my brother moved there many years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I honestly never felt that worried in KC. I was surprised to learn how violent it is (when my brother moved there many years ago).

It’s stripey (good blocks and bad blocks alternate) but most crime is sociologically self contained. Even OP is a little sketch in parts. I work in Grandview, and it’s a lot nicer than it used to be.
    Ignore Alien Orders

It’s stripey (good blocks and bad blocks alternate) but most crime is sociologically self contained. Even OP is a little sketch in parts. I work in Grandview, and it’s a lot nicer than it used to be.
    Everyone needs to go to Local Pig for a sandwich. That’s a given.

So do we not have to re zero the aimpoint on battery changes?

That imho is nowhere near a livable change. I aint carrying a bunch of fucking batteries and tools with me when I go out of town or have shit do. I’ll take my rmr 2 and my year plus battery life that has yet to fail me thank you.

The “Aimpoint battery/tool kit” may be a good invention for someone. Make a handy pouch with tools and a dozen batteries. Or make it kydex and you can carry it instead of a extra mag. Fml

User Tag List