Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    According to the manual the ACRO turns on at setting level 7 and 10 is the brightest. From what I’m gathering leaving it at 10 gets you about a week before dimming and 8 gets you about 2 months. (These times are just reported drain times from a couple individual units so not necessarily representative of all units / batteries) I’d be really interested in seeing drain times for levels 9 & 7 (my planned day / night settings)...
    That is my understanding as well. Press and hold either button, and it goes off. Hit either button, and it comes on at 7. Once on, pressing 'down' as many times as you want will result in going go down to 1, but not "off". So at the bottom (setting 1), your first press "up" is setting (or count) 2.

I'm mostly interested in setting 8, as I'm coming to find 8 usable in almost all lighting conditions I've tried so far. I'd like to see at least two months on setting 8, in which case I'd cut that in half to be safe and change the battery after the same monthly match. That should give me some use on 9 if need be, with a bit of time to spare, or at least that's my hope. If so, I can live with that, because it's easy and repeatable. If it gets less than two months on 8, then my half-life safety buffer puts me at random replacement times, and I'm not crazy about babysitting my carry gun that much.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just ordered some more batteries. I am about to head fishing to a remote lodge for a week, but when I am back maybe I can fire up two Acro’s on different settings and see how long they last.
    If you have a fresh battery, drop one in before you go and set it on 9 to get a free week. I have a feeling 8 will last longer than most are willing to 'set it and forget it' in the name of science, at least it is for me and my single unit.

So, Wednesday, June 26 at 0625 mountain, I just put in a fresh Renata CR1225 and set the Acro to one setting below max. Will see how long it lasts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hopefully one click down from max lasts a lot longer, because using full intensity is like going into afterburner on a tactical jet.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I haven't read the whole thread, just the first few and last few pages, but I can contribute this: Right around a month ago, our PD got an Acro for testing, mounted it on a G17, and kept it handy for instructors to try out when working classes. I worked yesterday and went to check it out of the armory; I was told the original battery had died several days ago, and been replaced. I don't know what setting it had been left on, but it's been a sunny month here.

So...yeah. Disapponting.

Here's a response from one of Aimpoint's marketing people. This was prompted by my email asking about run time. Interesting what they recommend about batteries:

It runs over a year (constant-on) at setting 6. When it’s turned up to the brighter settings, the battery life decreases exponentially but I don’t know that data (how quickly it decreases). When you turn the sight on it turns on at setting 7, so you’d need to turn it down to setting 6 in order to get optimal battery performance…
    Also, we recommend Varta or Renata batteries. Cheaper batteries (including Energizer) don’t provide the same amount of power.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Varta battery packaged with ACRO from factory was installed in the evening on 5-16-2019 and died on 6-27-2019 between 3PM and 5PM. Looks like about 40 days with setting 9 in daylight and setting 7 in low light. I could expect there to be more battery life in the winter with fewer hours of daylight, but will stick with a change every month until I get another optic and can do some more testing. One month battery changes don't bother me. I carry the gun on and off duty, so it is easy to pick a cleaning session the last week of every month to change the battery. Your Hourage May Vary.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    So Tuesday before last at 6:11 pm I installed a new battery (Renata) and left the setting on maximum since.

Today at 11:00 the dot was barely visible outside on the range. The dot was completely gone by 12:30.

That makes it not quite ten days of battery life at max brightness.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by azant View Post
    Varta battery packaged with ACRO from factory was installed in the evening on 5-16-2019 and died on 6-27-2019 between 3PM and 5PM. Looks like about 40 days with setting 9 in daylight and setting 7 in low light. I could expect there to be more battery life in the winter with fewer hours of daylight, but will stick with a change every month until I get another optic and can do some more testing. One month battery changes don't bother me. I carry the gun on and off duty, so it is easy to pick a cleaning session the last week of every month to change the battery. Your Hourage May Vary.
    This is exactly the data I’ve been waiting for, thank you!

So, as a composite summary (observations with conservative comments):

Setting 10: One week at max power.

Setting 9: Under observation

Setting 8: Not determined at this time-to be tested(?)

Setting 7: Initial power level on startup. Coupled with a daylight setting of 9, 30 days+(reported 40).

Setting 6: Aimpoint specifies one year; no independent empirical observation.
    The lower settings I am not interested in presently.

FWIW: my unit still running, about 14 days on new Renata battery. Will continue to observe until 30 days expire. Settings 6-7 night hours, 8 daylight.
    Sincere thanks to everyone for reporting, and also definitely appreciate red dot forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    So, as a composite summary (observations with conservative comments):

Setting 7: Initial power level on startup. Coupled with a daylight setting of 9, 30 days+(reported 40);
    Good summary.

Don't forget that Aimpoint says 6 months on #7

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List