Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

I have always like their stuff but I'm scratching my head as to how they could NOT know about the battery life problem before sending this product out the door?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am coming up on two months of this "test," using a new Acro on a 17 and a 19. I decided not to turn the Acros off, and just leave them on a usable setting (not full high) and see how long the batteries last. So far both are still running fine.
    GJM do you have a battery tester that will give a reading on the ACRO batteries? Just curious, if you do would you be so kind to give a reading on the batteries that have been in and on for two months?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    GJM do you have a battery tester that will give a reading on the ACRO batteries? Just curious, if you do would you be so kind to give a reading on the batteries that have been in and on for two months?
    I do.

First, as of today, the Acro battery on the 17 is dead, and the Acro on the 19 is dim, meaning full intensity is no longer available. The battery tester says the Acro battery from the 17 is zero, and the one in the 19 at about ten percent. That means the two new Acro optic batteries went about two months, at a range of intensities, but not high. That means I would plan on a 30 day change as I just used them, and at two weeks if high intensity was selected even a little.

It is not obvious to me that these new units have improved battery life.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Armed with the knowledge that the “new” Acro has similar battery life as the old one, I am inclined to set a recurring reminder on my iPhone for 9pm, to remind me to turn the Acro off for the night. Pass it on, you could be saving a buddy’s (battery) life, too.

Site Supporter
    I just realized that I'm still on the original battery that I installed on 2/14. I've been using setting 7 or 8 (but mostly 7). No signs of dimming, and it will still go up to full brightness when on setting 10.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Armed with the knowledge that the “new” Acro has similar battery life as the old one, I am inclined to set a recurring reminder on my iPhone for 9pm, to remind me to turn the Acro off for the night. Pass it on, you could be saving a buddy’s (battery) life, too.
    Good idea for those that do not use it for a night stand gun as well. I use my reminder all the time on my phone nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    For anyone looking for an Acro kenzies optics has a really good deal on them right now https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...o-p-1-red-dot/ picked one up the other day from their showroom and they had tons in stock.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I just realized that I'm still on the original battery that I installed on 2/14. I've been using setting 7 or 8 (but mostly 7). No signs of dimming, and it will still go up to full brightness when on setting 10.
    I assume yours is one of the updated models, correct?
    3/15/2016

I have two of the “new” Acros, and can’t tell any difference in battery life between the new ones and old ones. I sincerely hope Aimpoint manages to put a 2032 on top soon, and the Acro functions like every other Aimpoint, in terms of battery life.

User Tag List