Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

@GJM had a good idea when he started this thread on testing ACRO battery life. There have been a few posts which are connected to this-I put one in myself. I am sorry interested in this because I have one mounted, and am keeping a daily record of time on, level, etc. which I plan to post. There are several ACROs ordered by my department; I have been told
    they will ship in a couple of weeks. I am concerned about battery life. I am hopeful this time period means Aimpoint is working the problem.
    Respectfully to all, is there any way the posts related to battery life can be consolidated?
    I appreciate those efforts, and look forward to more information.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    I did zero them independently, found the issue today.

The front sight was loose in the dovetail and was able to be moved with thumb pressure.

Very unimpressed with the Galloway irons. The rear was also out of spec and took our armorer about an hour to file/adjust the fit..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Somewhat of a thread drift, but I basically bed everything I mount on Glocks with blue 242 loctite.

Degrease both sights and the slide (front sight hole and rear dovetail). Use blue loctite on the bottom of the front sight (that contacts the top of the slide) as well as the screw. Make sure it's centered, then wipe off excess. Install rear sight, then after you verify zero and make any necessary adjustments, go back and run blue 242 loctite around all four edges of the rear sight and capillary action will suck it in. Wait a few minutes, then wipe away excess. With Ameriglo rear sights, or any rear sight that doesn't have a set screw, I'll do the rear twice. I've yet to have anything get knocked loose, and have no issue taking them off later.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Somewhat of a thread drift, but I basically bed everything I mount on Glocks with blue 242 loctite.

Degrease both sights and the slide (front sight hole and rear dovetail). Use blue loctite on the bottom of the front sight (that contacts the top of the slide) as well as the screw. Make sure it's centered, then wipe off excess. Install rear sight, then after you verify zero and make any necessary adjustments, go back and run blue 242 loctite around all four edges of the rear sight and capillary action will suck it in. Wait a few minutes, then wipe away excess. With Ameriglo rear sights, or any rear sight that doesn't have a set screw, I'll do the rear twice. I've yet to have anything get knocked loose, and have no issue taking them off later.
    YMMV - I switched to red loctite after having blue loctite work loose on the Glock front sight. My theory is the heat sitting above the barrel burnt off the loctite.

In every single other application 242 has worked great for me.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Possible data point. Just saw an IG post from someone else running an Acro. He got 14 days on the highest setting using a brand new Duracell. He sat the gun on a shelf from the beginning of the test with no use.

Just got back from traveling and checked the Acro. I put in a new battery and turned it to high a week ago Friday. The Acro has dimmed quite a bit from its fresh battery intensity, but the red dot is still on. Last time I looked, before I left on Thursday, the dot was full intensity. That appears to put it somewhere between seven and ten days on high.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That appears to put it somewhere between seven and ten days on high.
    With no heat. If actually firing the gun decreases battery performance, then getting 10 days will be optimistic.

7-10 days, that’s actually pretty impressive to me...even in full AZ midday sunlight the high setting blooms. I’m not really sure what it’s intended use is other than maybe taking a shot at someone standing in front of a stadium lighting array?
    Last edited by TCB; 06-24-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Possible data point. Just saw an IG post from someone else running an Acro. He got 14 days on the highest setting using a brand new Duracell. He sat the gun on a shelf from the beginning of the test with no use.
    For reference, I believe that was John Dufresne of Kinetic Consulting. @mochabear_actual in case anyone is interested in following. He said he's going to test "9" next.

Cheers,
    David S.
    David S.

Well, this is disappointing. Sigh.

I reckon that the Acro is valid for those switched-on folks, willing to change power cells often, with a weapon that is regularly handled. I reckon that I will remain an iron-sight-and-white-light guy, for concealed carry guns, actually gravitating toward revolvers, for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-24-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Curious what specific Duracell model was used in the above test. Last I checked, Duracell does not have a CR1225 or 1225 equivalent.

ETA: FWIW, my Acro is still going. New Renata battery installed 6/5, used for a week on 8 day/7 night, shot a single box through it, then most of the remaining time has been on setting 7 since I've not been carrying it.
    Last edited by StraitR; 06-24-2019 at 09:07 PM.

User Tag List