Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Good summary.

Don't forget that Aimpoint says 6 months on #7

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Thanks-I had missed that.
    I can rationalize a 30 day battery schedule, though had hoped for more. My thinking right now is: setting 7 dusk to dawn, and I *think* setting 8 will work for me during “daylight” hours; I honestly can’t see going to “10”, but I am not in daylight desert conditions usually.
    I am also thinking care should obviously be a exercised when changing levels-muzzle direction, finger position, etc.
    All here are aware of this, of course, but it’s something to consider if/when units issued(any red dot).

Just made a month and 750 rounds through the ACRO, including 550 rounds in a 1 day workshop with Mike Levy.

Factory included battery installed on 4 June and the optic is usually set to "7" power, where it turns on, but has been on "9/10" during outdoor shooting in bright sunlight.

Name:  IMG_9320.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  74.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So, Wednesday, June 26 at 0625 mountain, I just put in a fresh Renata CR1225 and set the Acro to one setting below max. Will see how long it lasts.
    This morning, July 16, the battery in this Acro is nearly dead. I can see the dot, but at max for example, it is no brighter than the “one click below max” setting.

Check my math, but this looks like 21 days or three weeks, on the “one click below max” setting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like (for me) at a day setting of 9 and a night setting of 8 this should easily give a month of constant on with a bit of a buffer. While not even in the same world as the RMR in terms of battery life if these battery run times are constant (more data needed for different conditions and with different battery brands) a replacement schedule can easily be put in place to make this optic workable. That makes me happy, $15 worth of batteries a year and a monthly change out is easy. I’ll be even more happier when they get the run life of this type of optic up to what we’re actually expecting.

Just installed a new battery, Friday July 19, 2019, and set the Acro two clicks down from max.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Looks like (for me) at a day setting of 9 and a night setting of 8 this should easily give a month of constant on with a bit of a buffer. While not even in the same world as the RMR in terms of battery life if these battery run times are constant (more data needed for different conditions and with different battery brands) a replacement schedule can easily be put in place to make this optic workable. That makes me happy, $15 worth of batteries a year and a monthly change out is easy. I’ll be even more happier when they get the run life of this type of optic up to what we’re actually expecting.
    I think this is a total non-issue also, I mean we are talking about what you would pay for a box of 9mm ball ammo. I mean, if you had to remove the ACRO to change the battery that would be different. It literally is just a matter of setting a reminder once a month or less depending on how you use the optic.

It loses against the RMR for battery life, but one single data point does not make it useless or stupid. You can only judge something on it's attributes as a whole, and to my thinking, having a sealed emitter within the housing alone is worth $15 per year to keep mud or other debris from causing trouble there.

This may sound silly to some, but it is worth noting for anybody who thinks they might be getting too little battery life.

Where are you purchasing your Renata batteries from? Amazon?

Reason being, and I have no idea if there is such a thing out there, but counterfeits are always possible.

Buy from a reputable dealer, period, then you never have to wonder.

I would shop here personally, https://www.batteryjunction.com/renata-cr1225-cu.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    This may sound silly to some, but it is worth noting for anybody who thinks they might be getting too little battery life.

Where are you purchasing your Renata batteries from? Amazon?

Reason being, and I have no idea if there is such a thing out there, but counterfeits are always possible.

Buy from a reputable dealer, period, then you never have to wonder.

I would shop here personally, https://www.batteryjunction.com/renata-cr1225-cu.html
    Haven't noticed any issues with the Amazon sourced Renatas, but there are a TON of crap batteries listed alongside.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Where are new Acros?

Does anyone know why these seem to have been on backorder everywhere forever? Is there any word on Aimpoint making any changes to the design?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Does anyone know why these seem to have been on backorder everywhere forever? Is there any word on Aimpoint making any changes to the design?
    Don’t know about changes, but they are waiting on a shipment. Then all the junkies gonna get well.... ;-)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5206442...4-e06b78472409

Name:  9F52E3BE-FE04-406D-A8C5-4BB0D8B3A1D5.jpg
Views: 1427
Size:  12.9 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 07-20-2019 at 08:08 PM.

User Tag List