Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Slight veer but needing additional 2032’s for my SRO’s & Jody posted recently about Renata’s he source’s from Amazon.

Any other input on brands to use or stay away from & thoughts about the dates posted by some manufacturers on the batts. packaging?
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 01-16-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Slight veer but needing additional 2032’s for my SRO’s & Jody posted recently about Renata’s he source’s from Amazon.

Any other input on brands to use or stay away from?
    We use Duracell and Renata.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Talked to a couple of Aimpoint reps last night: they said Aimpoint is revamping the ACRO to take 2032 batteries, and expect the new models to come out this summer/fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Talked to a couple of Aimpoint reps last night: they said Aimpoint is revamping the ACRO to take 2032 batteries, and expect the new models to come out this summer/fall.

Big if true...

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Big if true...
    That is funny as someone who spoke to an “Aimpoint rep” yesterday told me that he was told that there were no near term plans to change to a 2032. He was also told that recent revisions to the Acro significantly increased the Acro’s battery life, but not to anywhere near Micro endurance.

That is what it was going to take for me to bite.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is funny as someone who spoke to an “Aimpoint rep” yesterday told me that he was told that there were no near term plans to change to a 2032. He was also told that recent revisions to the Acro significantly increased the Acro’s battery life, but not to anywhere near Micro endurance.

Excellent, I just just grab one of these ones for myself.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Just found this article on the revised Acro https://www.recoilweb.com/aimpoint-a...5b-157040.html

"While the battery life isn't as big of an issue as many have made it out to be, we would have loved to see some solution to allow the ACRO to accept a larger battery. Aimpoint has spoiled us with battery life measured in years on many of their other models and consumers seem to expect the same level of performance. That said, Aimpoint has addressed the battery life complaints by giving a deeper explanation of how the LED consumes power. Consumers may incorrectly assume that the dot uses 10% of the max power draw on setting one, 20% on setting two, 30% on three and so on. Aimpoint has clarified that as the intensity level of the red dot increases, the power consumption of the LED increases in an exponential fashion.

We wish we could be more technical, but none of us are electrical engineers and only understand the limitations of the battery size in the most basic sense. Smaller battery = smaller bucket to hold the lightning, bigger battery = bigger bucket to hold more lightning.

While the ACRO updates were small, they do make a lot of sense after spending quite some time behind one of the very early ACROs. The most meaningful update that we spotted was the revised elevation and windage adjustments that now actually gave you clicks rather than some muddy, vague bit of resistance on the original that feels like it was intended to be a click … possibly. The more positive clicks will undoubtedly make zeroing easier rather than guessing if that was a click you felt or if you were imagining it."

Ok I guess I'll be sending my slide off to Agency Arms to have the AOS system cunt into one of my slides.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The guys I talked to had a table set up outside Leathernecks (Vegas USMC bar) and were doing promo/charity auction stuff. I asked about revisions to the ACRO in general, and they brought up the battery. They also told me to “hold off” on buying one until the updated version came out. While it’s possible they could be mistaken/wrong/full of BS, I’m willing to wait and see rather than dropping $1k for a pair of optics that might get upgraded significantly in 6 months.

How is your testing of the revised ACRO going? Is it supporting the other reps’ claims of “significant increase” in battery life?

I have a new Acro on a 19 and a 17, with the dot intensity in the upper range (meaning at the level it comes on at or higher), and will see how long they last. Hope at least until April when the 509T is supposed to be available.

User Tag List