Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I bet if Aimpoint provided a list of expected battery life for each brightness setting people would. I’m sure Aimpoint has those numbers, either from empirical measurement of runtimes or based upon calculations/measurements of current draws, etc.

ETA: This isn’t to say I expect them to release such info. In fact, I’d be shocked if they did.
    Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, personally I'm not seeing that big of an issue with the brightness settings. I just shot mine at a RDS class and used setting 7 the majority of the day in direct sun with dark tinted glasses [emoji2369] I bumped it up to 8 a few times, but preferred 7. 7 was also bright enough to be usable indoors with 600 lumen x300.

The enclosed nature and ability to set it to the brightness I want make it more appealing to me than the rmr.

Something I did notice is when my irons are lined up it seems my dot is very far to the left. I know you don't need them exactly in line, when I put the dot on target my irons are all wonky.

Confirmed zero and dot is on at 25 yards. Anyone else notice this? P320 with milled slide fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    P320 with milled slide
    Who milled the slide?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Who milled the slide?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Vulcan. Did an awesome job. Wrote the CAD program, cerakoted and returned in under 2 weeks.

Last edited by SCSU74; 06-18-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Something I did notice is when my irons are lined up it seems my dot is very far to the left. I know you don't need them exactly in line, when I put the dot on target my irons are all wonky.
    Can you adjust your irons to correspond to the dots location?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Can you adjust your irons to correspond to the dots location?

My irons are actually shooting left, so to properly zero them it would make the dot issue worse. Just not sure if this is common? My DP dots hover over the front iron on all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Y'all should probably quit worrying....
    Just curious if you had any data to provide on how long your battery typically was lasting and what settings you preferred.

I gather you have been running the ACRO longer then everyone here. Your input is very much appreciated.

My irons are actually shooting left, so to properly zero them it would make the dot issue worse. Just not sure if this is common? My DP dots hover over the front iron on all three.

Nothing Acro specific in my response, but don’t pay attention to both sights at once. Independently zero your irons, then independently zero your red dot. You shouldn’t be indexing your red dot with your sights, or even be aware of where your sights are when shooting.

Both my RMR gun, and my co-worker’s RMR gun have a slightly different position of our irons. The important thing is that they’re both independently zeroed. With the Acro, there may be some slight distortion that causes the irons to be in a different spot from having to look through multiple panes of glass. So just confirm they’re zeroed and you should be good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Nothing Acro specific in my response, but don’t pay attention to both sights at once. Independently zero your irons, then independently zero your red dot. You shouldn’t be indexing your red dot with your sights, or even be aware of where your sights are when shooting.

Both my RMR gun, and my co-worker’s RMR gun have a slightly different position of our irons. The important thing is that they’re both independently zeroed. With the Acro, there may be some slight distortion that causes the irons to be in a different spot from having to look through multiple panes of glass. So just confirm they’re zeroed and you should be good.
    From my rapidly rising learning curve, this. A co-witness with zeroed irons will get you in the ballpark, which you can then refine. When you zero the dot, then you can use the co-witness to verify zero. Every day, check the co-witness like you check chamber. If the sight picture is what you have learned to be correct, all is as good in the world as you can expect to be able to walk out the front door ready for what may come.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post

I did zero them independently, found the issue today.

The front sight was loose in the dovetail and was able to be moved with thumb pressure.

Very unimpressed with the Galloway irons. The rear was also out of spec and took our armorer about an hour to file/adjust the fit..

User Tag List