Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Acro battery life thread

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Curious what specific Duracell model was used in the above test. Last I checked, Duracell does not have a CR1225 or 1225 equivalent.

ETA: FWIW, my Acro is still going. New Renata battery installed 6/5, used for a week on 8 day/7 night, shot a single box through it, then most of the remaining time has been on setting 7 since I've not been carrying it.
    If it is John Dufrense, his IG post states that it was an Energizer battery. He mentioned that Duracell does not make 1225s after a commenter stated his previous good fortune with Duracell batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    7-10 days, that’s actually pretty impressive to me...even in full AZ midday sunlight the high setting blooms. I’m not really sure what it’s intended use is other than maybe taking a shot at someone standing in front of a stadium lighting array?
    Fwiw under the african sun I set mine to max
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Damn, and I thought it was bright here in the desert...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Because I've seen people in various places claiming a battery life of 7 days, I decided to do an experiment with my unit. I put a brand new Renata battery in mine at 6:11 pm on June 18 and set the optic to 9 and left it there.

The idea is to see just how long the battery lasts with the optic set to maximum.

My dot has not dimmed. It's still obnoxiously bright to the point it casts light that's visible in a dark room.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-25-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    3/15/2016

I got my first Acro first week in April. Its not on a carry gun so it lives switched off most of the time. Battery died on the morning of June 15th. Three minutes before the briefing on stage one of a major match
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

For another data point, just read a report of an ACRO continually set to level 8 going 2 months before it started to dim.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just got back from traveling and checked the Acro. I put in a new battery and turned it to high a week ago Friday. The Acro has dimmed quite a bit from its fresh battery intensity, but the red dot is still on. Last time I looked, before I left on Thursday, the dot was full intensity. That appears to put it somewhere between seven and ten days on high.
    The dot is barely hanging in as of today, with the intensity of the dot on max, about like 5 with a fresh battery. Think this is 12 days since I started the test.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The dot is barely hanging in as of today, with the intensity of the dot on max, about like 5 with a fresh battery. Think this is 12 days since I started the test.
    Interesting that you've gotten nearly 2x the run time I got with mine. I'll have to repeat with a fresh battery.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Quotron View Post
    If it is John Dufrense, his IG post states that it was an Energizer battery. He mentioned that Duracell does not make 1225s after a commenter stated his previous good fortune with Duracell batteries.
    Energizer does not make a CR1225 either. They make a 1225, but it's a different prefix than CR. I read the difference has something to do with power output, or max power output, but I'm not techy enough to articulate it more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Interesting that you've gotten nearly 2x the run time I got with mine. I'll have to repeat with a fresh battery.

I've read A LOT of Amazon reviews on various CR1225, and I mean a shameful amount of time spent doing so. Every brand of CR1225 on Amazon has more than a few 1 star reviews stating things like "DOA" (dead on arrival), "only lasted a couple minutes", "dead after a day", or similar. Also, these are being reviewed from use in electronic thermometers, not continuous draw LED products like the Acro.

I'm beginning to think the 1225 size is simply more prone to storage drainage for one reason or another (poor manufacturing, heat, time, etc) than the batteries we are used to (CR2032/CR123a). Couple that with the meager 48mAh capacity, and I think we'll continue to see testing results all over the board, like we are in this thread. If that turns out to be the case, I think it will be difficult to determine a safe hard date for battery replacement, simply do to the variance from battery batch to battery batch.

ETA: Thank you for the Red Dot Sights subforum.
    Last edited by StraitR; 06-25-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

I'm beginning to think the 1225 size is simply more prone to storage drainage for one reason or another...Couple that with the meager 48mAh capacity, and I think we'll continue to see testing results all over the board, like we are in this thread.

ETA: Thank you for the Red Dot Sights subforum.
    I'm not an electrician and don't know about such things but I wonder how much variance there is from unit to unit in internal resistance. Maybe some units draw fractionally more juice when turned on.

Yes. Big thumbs up on the new subforum!

User Tag List