Thread: Mag tube extensions for 1301 tactical and other 1301 questions.

Mag tube extensions for 1301 tactical and other 1301 questions.

Hey guys, another Beretta 1301 question. Looking for a mag tube extension. Nordic is out of stock (and I heard in Chapter 11, but don't know for sure), so any other alternatives? Saw one from KZ, but completely unknown to me as for quality.

My entire goal with this is to learn the gun and it's role will be a home defense gun. So I want to have as much on board ammo as I can and be able to add a sling and light. I have an Aridus Q-DC on order so will have 11 rounds on the gun without a tube extension and in all likely hood don't really need the extra round or 2 in the gun, however it would make it easy to add a sling and a light mount.

Will probably not add a red dot. Longest shot in my house is around 40 feet, so factory sights should work fine.

Don't know what I don't know with these so school me up!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Ive had Briley tubes on three different guns and had no issues.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Tony, I had an shotgun set up for 3-gun that had 21 rounds on board. Damn thing was like carrying a SAW.

For me it's either an extension or sidesaddle, but not both. Because I'd rather not reload, I have an +2 extension. That's enough for somewhere between 3-6 bad guys.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Briley makes a mag extension as well. I wouldn't go any further than +2.

I've had students that recently purchased Nordic mag tube extensions so there are still some out there to be had.

As for mounting lights, you will need either the Aridus forend setup which lets you use MLOK mounts, or you can go with the el-cheapo Streamlight 870 mount and stick a Surefire on it like I do:

Name:  light mount.jpg
Views: 2165
Size:  48.2 KB

Just be sure you tighten up the mag tube every now and then when you are shooting.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-12-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    3/15/2016

Awesome! Thanks for the info TCinVA
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Oils and Lotions SME
    I've got a Steiner light on my 1301. It's switching is a bit limiting due to location but can be workable for HD IMHO.

I bought it to see how long it would take to break it and evaluate it for home defense use, and I'm not saying it's good to go, but it has outlived the RMR Type 1 on the 1301. Twice.

https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser...7-battle-light
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Tony, I had an shotgun set up for 3-gun that had 21 rounds on board. Damn thing was like carrying a SAW.

For me it's either an extension or sidesaddle, but not both. Because I'd rather not reload, I have an +2 extension. That's enough for somewhere between 3-6 bad guys.
    Thanks for the info!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Long time JMCK user here Tony, like 2011 when Pat sent me to ya, you were still out @ the pro shop then IIRC.

That said I have two 1301s, one set up for 3G & one is my HD/backup 3G gauge. Both have AP micro’s on top in CROMS plus Aridus side saddles & MP stocks. The difference being the HD one doesn’t have a Nordic 2rd. extension like my game gun & it also has a MP Zhukov fore-grip w/ a Steiner Mk-7 light in the mag tube end. Been using the MP stocks since 2012ish on VCS 870’s & the Aridus offerings really complete the 1301 package IMO.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 06-14-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Name:  36B397C7-8297-425F-BBF0-D0C55103927E.jpg
Views: 1970
Size:  53.7 KB

I use a 2 piece Nordic extension on my 1301 allowing either 8 (a+3) or 12 (+3 with their coupler and a +4) in the tube depending on what division in shooting...you don’t have to stop at a +2, just sayin’.

Not to hijack the thread but dose anyone know of someone making a taller front sight for the 1301 Comp? My slugs are hitting a bit high at 50y and I’d like to get them closer to POA/POI.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Long time JMCK user here Tony, like 2011 when Pat sent me to ya, you were still out @ the pro shop then IIRC.

That said I have two 1301s, one set up for 3G & one is my HD/backup 3G gauge. Both have AP micro’s on top in CROMS plus Aridus side saddles & MP stocks. The difference being the HD one doesn’t have a Nordic 2rd. extension like my game gun & it also has a MP Zhukov fore-grip w/ a Steiner Mk-7 light in the mag tube end. Been using the MP stocks since 2012ish on VCS 870’s & the Aridus offerings really complete the 1301 package IMO.
    Damn.... that was a long time ago! Thanks for the info.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List