Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mat Does Not Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch
    The mat does not lie
    Neither does the iron.
    'zactly! Love the Henry Rollins quote:

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

This is all so true, so friend & I were going to someone who said they were black belt in BJJ, and judo, and a few other types of martial arts had there own place for training and a lot of other students. Turns out it was all a farce, was mainly teaching BJJ and knew some stuff but really didn’t know shit, after spending all that time any money I ended up with a worthless purple belt. Which puts me right back at a white belt in BJJ, I haven’t bothered to look into any other schools since moving. I feel though that in this day and age with the internet and the verifiable lists of those who have high ranks from all walks of martial arts it is harder to get cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    And the true insanity is that these guys see that footage and STILL THINK IT VALIDATES THEIR SYSTEM! Just crazy.

Their was also a famous "fight" in the late 80's between two different Wing Chun guys who were well known to the magazines of the day. It actually was an ambush by one of the "masters" when he showed up by surprise at a seminar being given by the other. There was so much talk between the two sides for years over the results and who came out the best. Then I saw a few seconds of the fight on video a long time ago and it was even worse than these rooftop fights. Slapfighting and falling down on the ground is a charitable description.

There is a lot of good in traditional martial arts. Blindly believing in your crap is not one of them.
    But ... But... "Prodigal Son" was such great movie!

Name:  71og9lOg2rL._RI_SX300_.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  26.5 KB

User Tag List