Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan Wesson Vigil 9mm??

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    -- I like a positive safety.
    Me too. But I judge this particular example beyond positive and I wouldn't deal with it. The gun's owner is a stupidly strong young guy who is not that phased by it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've shot it since and it's generally very nice. Reliable and very accurate. Superb trigger. It's thumb safety is very stiff and he says is working in. I found its effort to flick it back on/up with just my thumb very challenging.
    That's usually a pretty easy thing to fix if one is so inclined. On Colts it's typically the sear interface lug that needs some attention, on other makes it's often the surface that meets the end of the plunger spring.

When I first bought my Valor, the safety was close to inoperable, it was so tight. However, after working it for awhile, it is now perfect--better, in fact than my Wilson Combat (which also has a great safety). I think it's just a thing with DWs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Many, many reports elsewhere of initially stiff DW safeties. I concurr that it seems to be a thing. Some people tune them intentionally rather than just waiting for them to get better.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ve had 20+ DW’s, and never had one with a stiff safety.

I think the newest production DW I’ve had was a 2017 model, though, so maybe it’s a recent thing.

Sorry to drag this one up but I’m about to order a Vigil Commander in 9mm, I was wondering if anyone else has any commentary on the springing of these guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ydennekb View Post
    Sorry to drag this one up but I’m about to order a Vigil Commander in 9mm, I was wondering if anyone else has any commentary on the springing of these guns.
    Springs seem to be very good; ismi chrome silicon: recoil is 12 lbs from the factory. 18.5 lb mainspring. Source is Kieth at DW.

User Tag List