64. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9mm LCR

27 42.19%
  • 327 Magnum LCR

37 57.81%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 327 Federal or 9mm LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Next time you see him, tell him he's full of shit.
    OK.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Does energy have much to do about bone destruction?
    Energy is the capability to do work but doesn't tell you what that work is. The 90gr super fast 9mm have more energy than the 147gr HST. Real world results have shown me that the ultralight/ultrafast 9mm fragments upon striking bone, will probably break it, but doesn't go any further and results in shallow messy wound. Compare to the 147gr HST breaks bone and keeps on moving resulting in deeper penetration.

I have zero real world incidents of .327 magnum and am unaware of any full testing batteries done on it so I'm in the dark as to how it does.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

327 FED MAG 115 Gr. GDHP @ 1363 fps
    https://le.vistaoutdoor.com/download...dDotPoster.pdf

1/4 Inch A.S.I.
    Laminated Safety
    Glass

Penetration = 12.50"
    Expansion = .520" DIA.
    Retain Wt. = 90.9 GRS.

Sadly, this bullet appears to be discontinued.

Can you shoot 380 acp out of a 9mm revolver? I don't know if there is any benefit there, but I was just curious. I vote 9mm too. I bought a lcrx 357 mag and love it. I also have a lcr 22 mag and love that one too. I was going to go with a 327 but the brass is crazy expensive, and you can't load shotshell. My primary reason for them is a pocket shotgun.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Can you shoot 380 acp out of a 9mm revolver? I don't know if there is any benefit there, but I was just curious.
    I've never heard of anyone doing it. The base of a 9mm case is a couple of hundredths fatter than a .380, so a .380 might be loose in the moonclips. Also, .380 is more expensive. So if you're going 9mm to save on the cost per round and then you shoot .380, why not just stay with a .38?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Can you shoot 380 acp out of a 9mm revolver? I don't know if there is any benefit there, but I was just curious. I vote 9mm too. I bought a lcrx 357 mag and love it. I also have a lcr 22 mag and love that one too. I was going to go with a 327 but the brass is crazy expensive, and you can't load shotshell. My primary reason for them is a pocket shotgun.
    I can't see why anyone would do this in the first place. If you want a nominally .35ish diameter bullet going 750 FPS out of a wheelgun, just get a .38 Special and load it with 148 grain full wadcutters, which is what all the cool kids do anyway.

Site Supporter
    Why you could buy the Medusa! Remember that : https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/M47_Medusa#Calibers

It supposedly would shoot 380. Colt was supposed to take it over - another of the Colt brilliant ideas. Taurus makes/made a 380 revolver because ....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Taurus makes/made a 380 revolver because ....
    It's easier to form it to the shape of your leg?

Just guessing here.

User Tag List