Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Makes Glock 30s?

Site Supporter

Israel Makes Glock 30s?

http://www.rappler.com/nation/146878...stols-soldiers

I didn't know that and a quick search didn't mention Israel as a production site. Just curious.

Also, a Glock 30 - that's an unusual choice for armed forces.

Site Supporter
    AFAIK Israel does not make Glocks though they are popular there. Given the workdays anti-US sentiments, maybe they will buy the guns through Israel to ensure they don't get US production Glock's.

A few years ago the Philippines purchased generation for Glock 17's to reequip their entire national police force. My understanding is due to the favorable trade arrangements between the US and the Philippines, the Philippine police contract was filled with Georgia produced Glock 17's.

The Philippines is one of the few Asian countries were civilians can own firearms. 1911s and 45 are popular there. The last time I was there I saw several police officers and security guards carrying1911s.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    http://www.rappler.com/nation/146878...stols-soldiers

I didn't know that and a quick search didn't mention Israel as a production site. Just curious.

Also, a Glock 30 - that's an unusual choice for armed forces.
    Take anything he says with a grain of salt. The man is prone to idiotic, exaggerated, or plain lying statements.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Take anything he says with a grain of salt. The man is prone to idiotic, exaggerated, or plain lying statements.
    Yes. The chance of him following through is small, but the choice of .45 cal isn't surprising since, as HCM notes above, it continues to be a very well thought of cartridge in the Phillipines.

Israel is about the dollar...you want the Glock stamped made in Israel?

Boom.

Stamp applied.

Site Supporter
    It would be interesting, independent of their idiot President, if Glock 30s were issued. That would be a first for a major service. If the guy wants to be a Chinese colony, let him. Why do we have to save and patrol Southeast Asia and listen to crap.

Why do we have to save and patrol Southeast Asia and listen to crap.
    Alfred Thayer Mahan must be spinning on his grave...

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I've read Mahan and studied military history quite a bit. He was instrumental in convincing the Kaiser to build the High Seas Fleet and challenge the UK. Bringing us the great fun, in part, of WWI - which lead to horrors of the current Middle East. Kind of a drift from Glock 30s. Should the new Chinese Fleet sail off the coast of California or patrol the Caribbean? When a Chinese naval force sailed around Alaska, we got all upset for a bit.

The battleship race in Latin America certainly did those countries a lot of good just before WWI and after.

Yeah, I've read Mahan and studied military history quite a bit. He was instrumental in convincing the Kaiser to build the High Seas Fleet and challenge the UK. Bringing us the great fun, in part, of WWI - which lead to horrors of the current Middle East. Kind of a drift from Glock 30s. Should the new Chinese Fleet sail off the coast of California or patrol the Caribbean? When a Chinese naval force sailed around Alaska, we got all upset for a bit.

The battleship race in Latin America certainly did those countries a lot of good just before WWI and after.
    But the fact remains that if US retires from that area, China will take over and US economy and interests will take a hit worldwide...

Anyway, the US decline as THE world superpower is just a matter of time.

Site Supporter
    China will physically take over the Philippines and this somehow destroys world wide trade that we do with China? They won't sell us stuff for WalMart. Kind of funny - I use a computer made in China, wear shirts from VietNam and drive a car from Japan. All were the enemies of the USA at times. I ate in a Vietnamese restaurant yesterday, over the weekend at a Japanese and Chinese restaurant. I did have a Glock on (from Austria - a WWII and WWI enemy). We rule the world. Superpowers come and go. I just need good take out.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 11-02-2016 at 11:57 AM.

User Tag List