Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I would love to, but the only flight I could make does not put into Dallas until after 9PM. I will have to settle for meeting everyone Saturday morning, and then hopefully dinner Saturday night.
    BOO.............CYA SATURDAY
    As Pat Rogers would say " The Mission drives the GEAR train"

Reservations are made for 6pm friday 10/11/19
    chamberlain fish market
    4525 belt line rd
    addison,tx

let me know if you want to join us and i will adjust the numbers...............................cya mike

The HiTS Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round Up is in the books.

LEARNING OCCURRED

Thank you Darryl Bolke, Wayne Dobbs, Chuck Haggard and Hany Mahmoud for excellent and safe training!!!

J frames are a THING. We aught to learn how to use em........CYA Mike
    Looking forward to AAR from PFAR bear

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    The HiTS Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round Up is in the books.

LEARNING OCCURRED

Thank you Darryl Bolke, Wayne Dobbs, Chuck Haggard and Hany Mahmoud for excellent and safe training!!!

J frames are a THING. We aught to learn how to use em........CYA Mike
    Looking forward to AAR from PFAR bear
    Indeed a great class:

Up close and personal, check
    25 yards, check
    Lightning fast deployment, check
    Reload or run away, check

It was a pleasure training and spending time with everyone.

Ken

ENJOYED meeting and shooting with you Ken................................CYA Mike

What a terrific event.

A metric ton of learning, including so much "lost art" gems that actually matter in the real world, but even better was the environment and the students. An excellent group of people who worked hard, were amazingly enjoyable to be around, and there was not one single moment of anyone being "that guy" (well, except for the dumbass jiu-jitsu guy who throws an easy head shot while Wayne Dobbs is standing right there watching........ ).

Many thanks to the instructors, all of whom worked together so well, and gave out so much good knowledge. And getting to diddle some phenomenal guns (like Pat Rogers pet Ruger).

Much appreciation to Wayne, Darryl, Chuck, and Hany.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Pro-tip: Always let Cecil Burch pick up your rental car. That Challenger was sweet!

A really great group of folks. There was a lot of terrific nuggets passed on by all the instructors. Plus it was an excellent way to pressure-test your gear and methods, and get expert feedback.

And thanks to Bourbon and ibuprofen, my hands don't hurt tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    What a terrific event.

A metric ton of learning, including so much "lost art" gems that actually matter in the real world, but even better was the environment and the students. An excellent group of people who worked hard, were amazingly enjoyable to be around, and there was not one single moment of anyone being "that guy" (well, except for the dumbass jiu-jitsu guy who throws an easy head shot while Wayne Dobbs is standing right there watching........ ).

Many thanks to the instructors, all of whom worked together so well, and gave out so much good knowledge. And getting to diddle some phenomenal guns (like Pat Rogers pet Ruger).

Much appreciation to Wayne, Darryl, Chuck, and Hany.
    I was taking an Advanced Urban Rifle class a few years back, and was holding my own as a patrol guy in a class filled with hard dudes. I was literally standing between a 12 year Host Agency SWAT guy and a Fed SWAT dude from a very (at the time) prestigeous team. I was always a round or two down from the SWAT guy and a round or two up from the Fed. I was perfectly positioned to chase SWAT dude while staying ahead of Fed, and was very proud of my performance.

On TD2, at lunch time one of my best friends and memtors showed up with a couple of his new SWAT pups wanting to see what the host agency was teaching. For the next two and a half days my buddy alternated between good natured ribbing and supportive comments, and when he was behind me watching me I was lucky to be able to hit the berm. On the Man on Man shoot on TD4 on Texas Stars I was one of the first eliminated (along with one of his SWAT pups) and was so frustrated that I went on our luch break and shot the Texas Stars at 125 yards, cleaned them three separate time until my buddy showed up....

I also can't seem to shoot in front of JodyH or SouthNarc....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I was taking an Advanced Urban Rifle class a few years back, and was holding my own as a patrol guy in a class filled with hard dudes. I was literally standing between a 12 year Host Agency SWAT guy and a Fed SWAT dude from a very (at the time) prestigeous team. I was always a round or two down from the SWAT guy and a round or two up from the Fed. I was perfectly positioned to chase SWAT dude while staying ahead of Fed, and was very proud of my performance.

On TD2, at lunch time one of my best friends and memtors showed up with a couple of his new SWAT pups wanting to see what the host agency was teaching. For the next two and a half days my buddy alternated between good natured ribbing and supportive comments, and when he was behind me watching me I was lucky to be able to hit the berm. On the Man on Man shoot on TD4 on Texas Stars I was one of the first eliminated (along with one of his SWAT pups) and was so frustrated that I went on our luch break and shot the Texas Stars at 125 yards, cleaned them three separate time until my buddy showed up....

I also can't seem to shoot in front of JodyH or SouthNarc....

pat
    Find your "bubble" where you don't notice who's watching....
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List