Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a hunting chest pack

I need a hunting chest pack

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

Does anyone know if HPG offers discounts or sales?
    Seems like free shipping is as good as it gets.

If you’re on FB, the HPG group ha for sale ads, you can usually find good, used packs and bags for 20ish $ off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richiecotite; 06-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I face planted once out running with my a G19 in one. That pistol knocked the wind out of me legit. I got to my feet and a real old timer was walking past and said "I bet that hurt." LOL

Rib looked like it was bulging out but it wasn't broken. It was months before I could bench 25 lb dumbells. That was the end of my neutral/forefoot footstrike running experiment!
    So reading this had me thinking.

I am planning on using this pack as my "Outdoor Recreation" pack - which in my world entails camping, light hiking, fishing, and off-roading. Your post has me reconsidering the packs utility for off-roading. Is it possible to wear this pack while wearing a 3 point seat belt? If I am in an accident will the seat belt tensioner create a hazard with the pack? We wore chest holsters in the tank but we didn't have seat belts.....

So reading this had me thinking.

I am planning on using this pack as my "Outdoor Recreation" pack - which in my world entails camping, light hiking, fishing, and off-roading. Your post has me reconsidering the packs utility for off-roading. Is it possible to wear this pack while wearing a 3 point seat belt? If I am in an accident will the seat belt tensioner create a hazard with the pack? We wore chest holsters in the tank but we didn't have seat belts.....
    No experience with ATVs but it works better staying clear in driving a car than AIWB.
    I wouldn't hesitate. Heck I still run with it.
    With my normal lifelong footstrike.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    No experience with ATVs but it works better staying clear in driving a car than AIWB.
    I wouldn't hesitate. Heck I still run with it.
    With my normal lifelong footstrike.
    All my driving will be in a 4Runner unless I win an ATV at Cabellas along the way.....

Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I love the people, the company and the quality of their products. However, I almost never use the chest pack anymore in the field. If you are hiking vigorously and/or in weather, you are either constantly repositioning the chest pack or it ends up covered by another garment. I end up going appendix or using a Safariland thigh rig, which allows me to vent and adjust clothing without taking the chest pack off constantly.
    I recall you went for a period of time carrying a 1006? Did you carry it in a HPG bag?

I'm wanting to get the bag primarily for the 1006 and I've read through the HPG forum and haven't seen the 1006 mentioned. I know that full size bag will hold the USP45 Full Size so I'm assuming the 1006 should carry well but figured you may have real world knowledge?

I recall you went for a period of time carrying a 1006? Did you carry it in a HPG bag?

I'm wanting to get the bag primarily for the 1006 and I've read through the HPG forum and haven't seen the 1006 mentioned. I know that full size bag will hold the USP45 Full Size so I'm assuming the 1006 should carry well but figured you may have real world knowledge?
    Shouldn't be a problem .... a 5" 1911 for illustration purposes.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem .... a 5" 1911 for illustration purposes.

Which bag is that?

Which bag is that?
    Oooops ...... that's an Original Kit Bag.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Late to the party. But yeah, HPG kit bags are worth every penny and then some. I have a standard size recon kit bag I use during late season when it gets cold. When the temperature drops I break the bibs out which pretty much rules out all belt related holsters and accessories. Largest pistol I've carried in the holster compartment is a 4 5/8" Ruger Blackhawk. There is a lot of utility there.

Just about to pull the trigger on the Heavy Recon Kit Bag. Can anyone tell me why I should get the Standard V2 Kit Bag instead?

User Tag List