Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ-97 B in .45acp caliber

CZ-97 B in .45acp caliber

I don't know about you guys and gals, but when I get something on my mind, it festers there until I act.....usually by purchasing what is on my mind. Well the old brain (literally) is bouncing around the CZ-97 B or BD which is a .45acp. I see they are now showing up online after months, if not years, of being out of stock.

The pistol is certainly heavy and large. It will either be for me a range or house pistol. Trigger reach may be an issue for the first DA shot. The "B" model can be cocked and locked, while the "BD" is a decocker version. Reviews appear to be positive. Any thoughts or hands-on experience with this 97? Thanks in advance!.....Jesse

CZ97B

I have an older - imported early on in the days of current CZ USA ownership - '97. It was called (IIRC) a "Police Model" for some reason. Mine's blued (really well) and has front slide serrations with a flattened slide on top. These '97s have a threaded bushing which contributes to the gun's accuracy. I finally put slimline, polymer grips on the piece, though it's a challenge to shoot one-handed.

The piece shoots well, very well. My son put his first ten rounds into one ragged hole at 5 yards the first time he fired it with S&B ball. I have carried it without much difficulty, though not often since I don't have a good leather holster for it and I don't want to mar the great blueing training/carrying the '97 in a kydex holster.

Do you have any specific concerns or questions?

My EDC is a Cold Bore Custom-grip reduced/finger grooves removed Glock 21.

I remember someone brought one to the range probably around 1998 or 1999. It was wearing a set of Hogue finger groove grips. The owner asked me if I wanted to shoot it for a bit. A few boxes of 45 ACP later and I was in love. I have to say it was one of the most ergonomic and pleasant shooting pistols I've ever fired and to this day. I think of it very fondly and every now and then get a hankering to buy one.

With that being said, I've never purchased one because I have no practical use for it. It is a BIG and HEAVY pistol and anything that it would do a 1911 or a USP 45 would do more efficiently for me. So if I were to purchase one it would just be a range toy and I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Really nice, really huge pistol.
    #RESIST

Vending Machine Operator
    For practical purposes, I think a M&P 2.0 4.6" .45 or HK45 are better choices.

That said, I bought a CZ-75B Omega in February of this year simply because I wanted one. I am content with it and happy with the purchase. If getting one would scratch the itch, I can't see any harm in that.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I remember back in the day Col Cooper talking about the development of this pistol and his disappointment when it came out. Too big.

It’s hard to go wrong buying a pistol that’s monster hunter approved for use in killing various undead.

Name:  5E92D697-458C-4CEE-B95D-FBD71BCBA84B.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  69.2 KB

Sorry, I’m currently re-reading the MHI series and that just popped into my head.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=monster+h...b_sb_ss_i_0_20
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I purchased a copy a few weeks ago (the BD version as I am presently spending a bit fo time on my DA/SA pulls).

Outside of one little issue quite prevalent across the board (specifically the Loaded Chamber Indicator hex screw walking out - easily remedied with a little blue LocTight and about 30 seconds) I have not had a single issue at now just through 300 rounds.

I is a large pistol, no questioning this whatsoever. It manages to feel good in the hand despite its size, and balances well with a loaded magazine present. The DA pull isn’t as good as a Shadow/Shadow 2/Shadow Line Compact - but I wasn’t expecting it to be. It is on-par with other DA/SA CZ pistols that have the firing pin block installed - which is to say one can feel that about half-way through the DA pull. If one gets the B - and carries Condition 1, they would never experience it. The SA is a clean break with a little takeup...call it a “2 stage” trigger but very smooth.

The pistol shoots very flat....much moreso than a typical government 1911, so precision shots are not too hard to come by even at reasonable distance. Recoil is very manageable...probably average for something of its size.

If you have any more specific questions, please feel free to ask!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CZ 97

I purchased a CZ 97B from CZ Custom here in Mesa, AZ a few months go. Had them convert it to SAO, remove the FPB, and install an adjustable rear sight along with a F/O front sight. Also tuned the action. It is a really nice pistol and very, very accurate. Naturally, it is a large pistol, but the only place I really notice it is in the grip length (front to back), and with my large hands (size 12 gloves), it is not an issue at all. It is surprising how close the exterior dimensions are to my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow pistols. It weighs 49.2 oz. when full up (10+1) with 230 gr. ammo. Recoil is about like a typical 9mm steel pistol with 124 gr. ammo.

Do you have any specific concerns or questions?

My EDC is a Cold Bore Custom-grip reduced/finger grooves removed Glock 21.[/QUOTE]

No concerns or questions. I have a H&K USP 45 full-size and it's a big pistol too. I was just curious of opinions, especially from those who have shot or owned one. Thanks to everyone for their responses!

User Tag List