Thread: RFI Colt Magnum Carry

Question RFI Colt Magnum Carry

A good friend is offering me a NIB unfired Colt Magnum Carry from his collection. It lacks the replaceable front sight of the current Colts but he is willing to sell for $400.

I’ve searched the forums for info on this model but found nothing. I know it was last made in ‘99 and its innards are identical to the SF-VI series. Would the Magnum Carry share any internals with the current Cobras? Would parts be hard to find down the road? I don’t intend to shoot Magnums in the revolver but I’m guessing if I shoot it frequently enough, it will need parts replaced eventually. Also, would the VZ grips for the new Cobras fit this older revolver?

Any info from those who have long-term experience with the Magnum Carry?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Check it over carefully. Colt's QC was at a real nadir then. A friend bought an SF-VI produced about the same time, and the barrel was threaded into the frame crookedly. (As in the centerline of the barrel was at an actual angle to the centerline of the top chamber.)

Parts could definitely be problematic down the road as well.

(That does seem to be a pretty decent good buddy price, though. Like the Pocket 9, those tend to bring silly money due to the short production runs.)
    Last edited by Tamara; 06-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

oops, posted in the wrong sub forum. Fat thumbs and iPhones don’t mix.

Mods, please move to the appropriate sub forum. Thanks!

User Tag List