Thread: BB Gun Sparks Panic at Pride Parade

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

BB Gun Sparks Panic at Pride Parade

From BBC News:

A man is due to appear in court after allegedly causing a stampede at a gay pride parade in the US which left seven people needing hospital treatment.

The man, named in US media as 38-year-old Aftabjit Singh, allegedly waved a BB gun, which fires small metal ball projectiles, in the capital Washington on Saturday.

A number of people reported hearing gunshots before the crowd fled.

However, officials maintain there is no evidence that shots were fired.

A police report - cited by the Associated Press news agency - said the man took the weapon out after noticing someone "hitting his significant other".

He has been charged with illegal possession of a BB gun, carrying a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct. He is due in court on Monday.
    Video at the link. When they say "stampede," they're not kidding. People were scattering across multiple blocks. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured.

Doesn't say how the guy was caught. Not sure if there was a dog pile, or if they figured out who he was after the fact.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From BBC News:

Video at the link. When they say "stampede," they're not kidding. People were scattering across multiple blocks. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured.

Doesn't say how the guy was caught. Not sure if there was a dog pile, or if they figured out who he was after the fact.
    I've seen jokes and memes making fun of these people for reacting to a BB gun. I don't think we can blame them, just look at the number of police shootings involving someone brandishing a toy gun.

That editor should be fired.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I've had a couple CO2 BB pistols that looked pretty legit at a passing glance and the report from one is fairly loud. To someone that's not familiar with guns it would be really easy to think it was real or at least not take the chance and GTFO. That's just prudent really. Even if you are familiar with guns, if you saw a guy more than a few feet away with a gun-shaped-object you're not going to look harder at it to make sure it's really a gun. I'm sure as shit moving my fat ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I've had a couple CO2 BB pistols that looked pretty legit at a passing glance and the report from one is fairly loud. To someone that's not familiar with guns it would be really easy to think it was real or at least not take the chance and GTFO. That's just prudent really. Even if you are familiar with guns, if you saw a guy more than a few feet away with a gun-shaped-object you're not going to look harder at it to make sure it's really a gun. I'm sure as shit moving my fat ass.
    This right here.

We were near the end of the parade route when all this happened; glad they caught the idiot. There’s always a big police presence in dc, especially during events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

That kind of crap is mind-bogglingly stupid. Only a drooling moron would behave like that with a BB gun at a public gathering. He would very likely get smoked here in Texas.

Way to help bring people to the 2A side.......

User Tag List