Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2019

If any evidence was needed of how pathetic the Yankees pitching can be...look no further than this sorry display this evening.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If any evidence was needed of how pathetic the Yankees pitching can be...look no further than this sorry display this evening.
    I’ve not been able to watch, but I’m getting the updates on my phone. Looks like a total meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I’ve not been able to watch, but I’m getting the updates on my phone. Looks like a total meltdown.
    My wife couldn't take listening to me anymore and opted for doing dishes. That's how bad they're playing.

Last edited by blues; 09-10-2019 at 08:09 PM.

And it's a wrap. They lose 11-10 after having a 6-0 lead. Detroit's 19th win at home this year. Pathetic.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    And they got beat by Toronto last night. But the Cardinals lost two in a row to Colorado a few days ago. Any pro team will beat you if let ‘em. Still, 2 runs in 2 days in Coors Field isn’t very good. Then we scored 20 runs in the next two games. Ah, baseball.

There was a time when I once thought the Yankees bats could overcome their pitching.

Even with a couple of guys seeming to make progress against their long term under performance, it's not by any means a certainty that they can get both the starters and relievers to perform in sync.

The Astros still seem, to me, to be the team to beat...and a couple of teams in wildcard races won't be easy to beat either.

That said, in 2009 there was no way I could see the Yankees winning...and yet they turned it around and ended up winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There was a time when I once thought the Yankees bats could overcome their pitching.
    And more often than not they will. Heck, you’ve done it almost 100 times this season. Problem is, that’s a terrific plan when you figure you’re good for a hundred wins in no particular order, but not so much when you have to win four games before the other team does.

NY didn’t do much at the trade deadline though. I guess when you’re running away with the division you don’t need to. But that seems like as good a time as any to push all your chips in.

Sorry @blues. Randal Grichuk is my wife's favorite, and he didn't do you guys any favors today.

He only batted like .200 with the Cardinals, but she was crushed when we traded him. I had to explain that we can't keep a guy just because he's unbearably handsome.

He's kind of like me in beer league slowpitch. There's flashes of greatness, but you can't count on it every day.

He's been Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig against the Yankees this entire season. There's been a handful of guys like that who step up when they play NY. Hard not to respect that.

Cardinals clinched a playoff spot! Beating the Cubs 4 games in a row (in Wrigley!) and for all purposes knocking them out of the playoffs makes it that much sweeter.

Magic number is 4 to eliminate the Brewers, who aren't being very sporting and seem to win every time we do. And we still play the Cubs 3 more times, I'm sure they'd love to drop a turd in our playoff punch bowl and hold us back to the wild card.

Of all the teams clinched or likely to be in the playoffs, STL has the second lowest odds to win the WS, ahead of only the potential NL wild cards. Which makes sense because we also have the second worst record of all the playoff teams. Again, ahead of only the NL wild card. But the Blues weren't supposed to win the Stanley Cup either, and here we are.

User Tag List