Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2019

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Got to watch from a suite last night. One of my suppliers takes their biggest contractors out every year. Cardinals lost, but can’t beat free food and drinks.

They asked if I wanted tickets and I said yes, I know they have good season tickets behind third base. Didn’t know til we got there and I looked at the tickets that it was a suite. So my son got to go too, he may have liked the unlimited nachos better than the ballgame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, Yankees fans, are you finally convinced that they will be in the playoffs?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Hey, Yankees fans, are you finally convinced that they will be in the playoffs?
    I'm not convinced we're good enough to beat the Astros. (Or Oakland for that matter.)

ETA: (Or the Twins.)
    Last edited by blues; 09-10-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm not convinced we're good enough to beat the Astros. (Or Oakland for that matter.)
    This is why I've spilled my beer on Yankees fans. If they won the Series, their fans would still complain that they didn't score enough.

@blues, your boys are going to win 100+ this year, which is pretty damned impressive on its own. Think of those poor Balmer fans whose season ended before the trade deadline.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    This is why I've spilled my beer on Yankees fans. If they won the Series, their fans would still complain that they didn't score enough.

@blues, your boys are going to win 100+ this year, which is pretty damned impressive on its own. Think of those poor Balmer fans whose season ended before the trade deadline.
    Fuck Balmer. (That's for you, McNulty!)

The Yankees are definitely contenders, but their pitching continues to worry me.

I’m really hoping they can beat the Astros.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The Yankees are definitely contenders, but their pitching continues to worry me.

I’m really hoping they can beat the Astros.
    Big Maple and Happ are teasing us...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Cardinals are 4 games up on the Cubs, but we play them 7 out of our last 10 games. 4 game division lead looks pretty good, and Cards look hot and Cubs look like they're running out of gas. But we could be tied before those last ten games get started.

My uncle used to live in CA and sent me a bunch of A's swag when I was a kid. That was the Canseco/McGwire heyday. So they're my adopted AL team. I'll passively root for them, even though I don't really care who wins the AL.

To be fair, if it's not the Cardinals I don't care who wins the NL pennant either. Now that Puig's gone, I'd be ok with the Dodgers. I'd rather see STL win the division than the WC, but I'd rather play LA in a 5 game series than 7. You might luck out in 5. 7 is a haul. But I don't think we're good enough to beat any AL contender in 7 games anyway. Maybe Tampa.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 09-10-2019 at 05:29 PM.

My neighbor / buddy is a lifelong Cardinals fan so I'll pull for them to meet the Yanks in the Series. Like '64 again...(but with a different conclusion, hopefully).

Site Supporter
    Don't know how I missed this thread. Musta been Phillies Phever.

You "fans" are all imposters, wannabes, rank amateurs. A REAL Phan would have to root for the team that has lost more games than ANY other franchise in history - my Phillies. If you doubt that, you may look it up - I know I did, years ago. My aPhliction began while growing up in suburbia in the '50's and '60's. Everyone had a patio where they listened to broadcasts of their favorite team. Our next door neighbor was a man who not only had the loudest radio, he also turned it way up. Finally, you probably guessed by now, good old Herb was a Yankees fan. Remember, during the '50's & '60's, the Yankees never lost a game, or did it just seem that way? My Dad's "logic" was that rooting for teams like the Yankees held no suspense, no thrill - because they were EXPECTED to win. However, rooting for teams like the Phightins, who had almost no chance, could put you on cloud 9 when they did win. Besides, EVERYONE knows the Phillies have THE best mascot EVER (disregard any rumors of free agency about him) - the Phillie Phanatic.
    Last edited by 11B10; 09-10-2019 at 06:16 PM.

User Tag List