Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2019

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yeah, I haven't bothered going that route as it's only the games against the Braves and Reds that we can not opt for "our" announcers on the YES, SNY or 700 channels on DirecTV.

Maybe one of these days I'll be motivated to try out the app or website.
    If you wait until past the All-Star Game you can get a pretty good deal for the rest of the season. The closer the season gets to the end, the better the deal. That allows you to try the app/website with little out-of-pocket.

Right now, I have Yankees-Mets from YES on the TV in my office.
    Last edited by farscott; 06-11-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    If you wait until past the All-Star Game you can get a pretty good deal for the rest of the season. The closer the season gets to the end, the better the deal. That allows you to try the app/website with little out-of-pocket.

Right now, I have Yankees-Mets from YES on the TV in my office.
    Yeah, I'm watching as well. Didn't think the Yankees were going to fare very well considering the way the game started. But so far, so good.

As far as MLB.com I think it's included with the MLB package from DirecTV that we have. (I've been wrong before, but I'm pretty sure I had an email about signing up if I want it.)

We also have the NHL package and NBA. Discarded the NFL a couple years back after the whole flag / anthem brouhaha.
    Last edited by blues; 06-11-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    AFAIK, MLB At-Bat blacks out local games, which is the only reason I’d want it. Am I wrong?

I ditched tv service for three years but had to have it back for baseball and hockey. I’d dump it again if I could just get an app to watch Cardinals and Blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    AFAIK, MLB At-Bat blacks out local games, which is the only reason I’d want it. Am I wrong?

I ditched tv service for three years but had to have it back for baseball and hockey. I’d dump it again if I could just get an app to watch Cardinals and Blues.

You are correct. TV is blacked out, but radio is not. I have Youtube TV for Braves TV broadcasts. It costs $45 per month.

Speaking of the Braves, 4 HRs from the first five batters in the second inning. The ball is just flying off the bat in this game.
    Last edited by farscott; 06-11-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Baseball 2019

14 K’s for Verlander so far tonight.

Edit: make that 15 [emoji50]

Last edited by Darth_Uno; 06-12-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm a jaded M's fan. It's tough to see the number of teams that are just straight up out of the running this year in the American League (especially the Mariners...).

I am a baseball watcher, don't get into statistics and bios.
    More correctly, I am a Braves watcher. I went to Georgia Tech in the 1960s and saw the first Atlanta Braves game, and more those early days. . (Also several of the last Atlanta Crackers games, remembering them as opponents of my home town Birmingham Barons in my youth.)
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I am a baseball watcher, don't get into statistics and bios.
    More correctly, I am a Braves watcher. I went to Georgia Tech in the 1960s and saw the first Atlanta Braves game, and more those early days. . (Also several of the last Atlanta Crackers games, remembering them as opponents of my home town Birmingham Barons in my youth.)
    Our local minor league team is the Asheville Tourists...a single A affiliate of the Rockies. Haven't been to a game recently but they are a lot of fun.

Especially on "Thirsty Thursday". (The local Oskar Blues brewery, (about 4 to 5 miles from our home), runs a tram from the brewery to the games and back for those so inclined. Nice community service.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We had the Huntsville Stars for a while, being replaced by the Trash Pandas.
    I've seen some college games.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    14 K’s for Verlander so far tonight.

Edit: make that 15 [emoji50]

Nothing he can do on the baseball field will top his greatest accomplishment . . . . . . he bagged Kate Upton!

User Tag List