Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Help me choose a revolver.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I've owned M-25s, M-625s, M-325 NGs, and a 325 PD. I carried the NG concealed and plan to do so with the 325 PD when it get home with it's new trigger job. I shot the 25s and 625s in IDPA competition. Moonclips were used and carried (sometimes in a vest pocket), starting in the late 1980s and I never once bent one. But the myth goes on...

Del Fatti Leather makes a pocket protector for Moonclips for those who are convinced they will fold up in your pocket.

Dave
    Maybe we need to do a simple test. We need a volunteer in an upcoming ECQC class to ask Craig to let them keep a moon clip with dummies in their pocket while they do evolutions and at the end of the day see if it is bent enough to keep the cylinder from turning...

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Maybe we need to do a simple test. We need a volunteer in an upcoming ECQC class to ask Craig to let them keep a moon clip with dummies in their pocket while they do evolutions and at the end of the day see if it is bent enough to keep the cylinder from turning...
    I had a moonclip in my pocket during an IDPA match that got bent. I would bet my entire pension that there is no way one would survive an ECQC

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I had a moonclip in my pocket during an IDPA match that got bent. I would bet my entire pension that there is no way one would survive an ECQC
    Don’t bet the pension. Random things happen; blind squirrels find acorns on occasion... anything is possible.

Make it just 2 week’s pay, and I’ll throw in with you.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 06-15-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Well I’m planning an all revolver ECQC in 2020 so we can put this to the test

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Well I’m planning an all revolver ECQC in 2020 so we can put this to the test
    In, airport depending...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I carried a S&W 940 back in the early 90s as a BUG when I was buying dope. Carried a spare moonclip in my pocket and it got bent slightly just in daily activities. Gave the gun a 40 lb trigger pull.
    Went back to .38 and speed strips after that.
    At one point I was carrying 3 snubbies. An Agent with a hammer shield up front, the 940 in my weak hand pocket and a 442 on my ankle.
    The hammer shield sucked btw, the bottom of the hammer slot dug painfully into the base of my thumb while shooting.

There is a news reel somewhere from 1993 that shows me making an entry with that Agent...wearing a Hawaiian shirt, BDU shorts and sandals.
    "The past is another country".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I've owned M-25s, M-625s, M-325 NGs, and a 325 PD. I carried the NG concealed and plan to do so with the 325 PD when it get home with it's new trigger job. I shot the 25s and 625s in IDPA competition. Moonclips were used and carried (sometimes in a vest pocket), starting in the late 1980s and I never once bent one. But the myth goes on...

Del Fatti Leather makes a pocket protector for Moonclips for those who are convinced they will fold up in your pocket.

Dave
    I tried with the late 80’s special edition 25....absolutely the second most unreliable piece of junk I ever owned and have been scarred for life on moon clip guns. I am very likely holding a grudge that is illogical based on a sample of one, but that guns failures cut deep. I do carry some guns with moon clips, but they are usually in the gun and only used to dump the initial load all at once.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    What is the second to the left?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    What is the second to the left?
    That’s a Kimber K6S in 3" form.

User Tag List