Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J-frame Shootability

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    See http://www.t-grips.com

The old Tyler T grips. They work.
    Still have a couple sets. One black, one polished.
    ďTactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Ē - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Best? I have no idea. Workable: Ceramic rod, from a knife-sharpener, or a sharpening stone. IIRC, I have used both. This does, of course, require removing the trigger from the frame.

Edited to add: I only needed to break the sharp edge of the corner, a bit, not radically re-profile. Removing the sharp edge keeps the trigger from getting a ďbiteĒ into the skin, allowing the skin to slide out of the way.
    I need to do this one of these days, as I too, occasionally get bit by the back side of the trigger on my 442. I don't recall it happening with my 60-10, but I shoot the 442 more. I'd be inclined to use a needle file for any coarse work, and then clean it up with a stone/ceramic afterwards, and maybe hit it with a Dremel for a final polish if needed.

I really like the Hogue Tamers, and the Ergo Delta Grips are good, too. Both of those grips really help with handling J-frame recoil, but they compromise the ability to pocket carry. Also, the Ergo grips look absolutely hideous, and I canít bring myself to use them, especially as I find the Hogues work just as well for me.

I donít pocket carry, but I do really like the idea of cutting the Hogue grips down some from upthread/the other thread to improve concealability.

Long fingers have been my largest hold up on being able to shoot a j frame well. I canít tuck my thumbs or my trigger finger hits my thumbs. If I use a thumbs forward type of grip the cylinder release tears up my thumb. I currently run the crimson trace lg 405. They are just too small I think and I canít seem to master the laser. I either only look for it or only for the sights.

I tried the delta ergo grips and really liked it but it despite how ugly it was but it didnít work with my DSG kydex holster.
    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we FALL to the level of our training"- Archilochus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    See http://www.t-grips.com

The old Tyler T grips. They work.
    On a J frame they are still too small for most with XL/XXL hands.

Something that covers the backstrap and adds material from to back like the Taurus or crimson trace boot grips is required.

User Tag List