Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J-frame Shootability

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    See http://www.t-grips.com

The old Tyler T grips. They work.
    Still have a couple sets. One black, one polished.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Best? I have no idea. Workable: Ceramic rod, from a knife-sharpener, or a sharpening stone. IIRC, I have used both. This does, of course, require removing the trigger from the frame.

Edited to add: I only needed to break the sharp edge of the corner, a bit, not radically re-profile. Removing the sharp edge keeps the trigger from getting a “bite” into the skin, allowing the skin to slide out of the way.
    I need to do this one of these days, as I too, occasionally get bit by the back side of the trigger on my 442. I don't recall it happening with my 60-10, but I shoot the 442 more. I'd be inclined to use a needle file for any coarse work, and then clean it up with a stone/ceramic afterwards, and maybe hit it with a Dremel for a final polish if needed.

I really like the Hogue Tamers, and the Ergo Delta Grips are good, too. Both of those grips really help with handling J-frame recoil, but they compromise the ability to pocket carry. Also, the Ergo grips look absolutely hideous, and I can’t bring myself to use them, especially as I find the Hogues work just as well for me.

I don’t pocket carry, but I do really like the idea of cutting the Hogue grips down some from upthread/the other thread to improve concealability.

Long fingers have been my largest hold up on being able to shoot a j frame well. I can’t tuck my thumbs or my trigger finger hits my thumbs. If I use a thumbs forward type of grip the cylinder release tears up my thumb. I currently run the crimson trace lg 405. They are just too small I think and I can’t seem to master the laser. I either only look for it or only for the sights.

I tried the delta ergo grips and really liked it but it despite how ugly it was but it didn’t work with my DSG kydex holster.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    See http://www.t-grips.com

The old Tyler T grips. They work.
    On a J frame they are still too small for most with XL/XXL hands.

Something that covers the backstrap and adds material from to back like the Taurus or crimson trace boot grips is required.

User Tag List