Thread: The Cove, Gore VA

The Cove, Gore VA

I'll be shooting at the Cove Campground's range all weekend with some friends. Feel free to show up for pistol and carbine. Failure2Stop will be there.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'll be shooting at the Cove Campground's range all weekend with some friends. Feel free to show up for pistol and carbine. Failure2Stop will be there.
    Wow, I wasn't aware of that place but it sounds pretty awesome and not too far away.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    it sounds pretty awesome
    You should lower your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    You should lower your expectations.
    Probably, yeah. I read some reviews after I posted that and it appears heavily Fudd populated and full of people's left-over trash/targets.

That said, we live in Nova. I can't help it if the idea of actually being able to shoot outside gives me goosebumps of joy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Probably, yeah. I read some reviews after I posted that and it appears heavily Fudd populated and full of people's left-over trash/targets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6bE1Ndn8p8

Indeed. Well for those going this weekend, I hope the range is relatively deserted and clean.

Site Supporter
    Here is where I'd set my expectations. Imagine a range invite where the conversation started like this: Hey dude, wanna go shoot up my old TV and "plink"? You bring the beer.

I hope that you guys have a safe/fun trip.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Here is where I'd set my expectations. Imagine a range invite where the conversation started like this: Hey dude, wanna go shoot up my old TV and "plink"? You bring the beer.

I hope that you guys have a safe/fun trip.
    Yeah, that's been my experience there too... One time I saw a guy get out of a jeep with a pistol in one hand, and a tall boy in the other. Good thing I was on my way out.

Surprisingly, people have drown in the Lake, but I've never heard of anyone being shot at the range.

User Tag List