Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a fixed power rimfire scope for my 10/22

Help me pick a fixed power rimfire scope for my 10/22

Pretty much per the thread title. Preference for small and light, and fixed 2.5-ish for my application—which is on a 10/22 takedown carried in a copper basin rifle backpack for use at the range; for plinking cans and tennis balls during outdoor camping season; as a talisman against very scary looking raccoons with no tails, unusual size, and no fear of being out amongst people during broad, mid-morning daylight hours... you know, typical greasy 10/22 stuff.

Aside from simple and lightweight, my eyes are in roughly similar shape to Janitor’s at this point, so a premium on clarity in a wide range of lighting, and a fat, big print reticle would be good.

Bonus P-F karma points for links.

Thanks a ton in advance for your expertise, I appreciate it more than you know.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Well, it’s not fixed power but this Leupold 2-7x is what I have and it’s a known good.

@CS Tactical
    #RESIST

It's a bit unconventional for a 10/22, but you might look at the Burris AR-332. I've only used it in normal sunny conditions, so can't attest to any level of awesomeness in abnormal lighting conditions, but it's 3x with a hard-to-miss reticle. Illuminated red or green as needed.

Leupold 2.5x20 is what you're looking for.

I'm using one on my AR and very much like it: long & non-fussy eye relief, generous eye box, great clarity, custom shop reticle options, six ounces.

How about the Weaver 1-3? I have one on a lever action 22.

https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-V-3-1-.../dp/B0000V2EBM

Made in Japan for $190.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    It's a bit unconventional for a 10/22, but you might look at the Burris AR-332. I've only used it in normal sunny conditions, so can't attest to any level of awesomeness in abnormal lighting conditions, but it's 3x with a hard-to-miss reticle. Illuminated red or green as needed.
    Probably overkill for the 10/22, but I think you just saved me the trouble of starting a "help me pick a fixed power for my PCC 9mm takedown" thread. Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Leupold 2.5x20 is what you're looking for.

I'm using one on my AR and very much like it: long & non-fussy eye relief, generous eye box, great clarity, custom shop reticle options, six ounces.

Also a great looking contender for both Ruger takedowns.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    How about the Weaver 1-3? I have one on a lever action 22.

https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-V-3-1-.../dp/B0000V2EBM

Made in Japan for $190.

Ditto, above.

Thanks for the great ideas thus far!
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 06-09-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The Leupold 2.5x fits perfectly on a 10/22 take-down. Have one set up that way right now.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    That Leupold looks like it would fit the bill well, unfortunately that item in back ordered for me at the time
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Any higher grade shotgun scope.

Good suggestions thus far. I'd be tempted to consider a Scout-type mount since the rifle is a takedown and zero might wander.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List