Thread: ABPrototype

ABPrototype

Has anyone heard of these guys or know anything about them?

Thinking I’d like a manual safety on my P320.

https://www.abprototype.com/
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Yikes! $200 for the conversion. Might it not be cheaper/easier to sell the existing pistol and buy a new one?

That site might come in handy for me later.

On my LGS's website they have the P320 compact with thumb safety for $580. I've seen used M17's on GB for $500.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Has anyone heard of these guys or know anything about them?

Thinking I’d like a manual safety on my P320.

https://www.abprototype.com/

I think Sig now offers them.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...-now-shipping/

When I took my P320 armorer's course a few years ago we didn't cover the manual safety model. Is there any difference in the chassis other than the slot for the safety lever? If not I wonder why SIG doesn't just make one chassis and roll with it. It would seem cheaper and easier in the long run if that's the case.

Anyway, I can see some interest in having a safety added, depending on the model. Something like the VTAC or the X-Five that isn't available without the safety might be interesting once converted. I think something like a VTAC R2 with the M17 safety might be kind of a neat pistol.

Speaking of the R2, I see these are starting to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    When I took my P320 armorer's course a few years ago we didn't cover the manual safety model. Is there any difference in the chassis other than the slot for the safety lever? If not I wonder why SIG doesn't just make one chassis and roll with it. It would seem cheaper and easier in the long run if that's the case.

Anyway, I can see some interest in having a safety added, depending on the model. Something like the VTAC or the X-Five that isn't available without the safety might be interesting once converted. I think something like a VTAC R2 with the M17 safety might be kind of a neat pistol.

Speaking of the R2, I see these are starting to ship.
    When I went through, there was a one page addendum for the manual safety version. And yes, other than the slot, there is no difference in the grip modules. They had one sample on hand for the armorers class. I'd say that the manual safety made pulling the chasis out of the module a PITA but it wasn't impossible.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List