Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reminder to not leave home without an AR and support gear

Reminder to not leave home without an AR and support gear

So, YVK heads into the big city this morning to shoot a Steel Challenge match. Has his Shadow 2 CO gun, Shadow Production gun, and his carry gear.

Unfortunately, when an hour from home he gets to the range, it turns out that Steel Challenge is not until Sunday and today is a 3 gun match. He is shooting tje 3 gun match now with his pistol, but it is another stark reminder to never leave home without an AR and mags!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That’s scary. Glad he made it out OK.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

For me, definitely an educable moment — I plan to revisit my USPSA/Steel Challenge bug out kit tonight.

Maybe even install one of these in the truck:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-month-review/

KILTEDED!

Site Supporter
    We have a guy who shows up at the IDPA match with his AR-15 and says OOPS. Then he has to scronge ammo for his pistol. As a note, I also take a 100 round box of 9mm or 45 ACP to match beyond the normal load. Why - when a few months ago, my AR went irretrievably south (gun smith time), I could finis with my Glock.

This was a close call. I should really take it seriously and get my shit together. I am a nervous wreck today. I am on a phone with my therapist. Not on my behalf, I myself will be OK but I am worried if 30 out of 40 dudes who came in with full loadouts of scoped ARs, PCCs and shotguns and then finished below a B class CO/Prod shooter will get acutely suicidal tonight.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This was a close call. I should really take it seriously and get my shit together. I am a nervous wreck today. I am on a phone with my therapist. Not on my behalf, I myself will be OK but I am worried if 30 out of 40 dudes who came in with full loadouts of scoped ARs, PCCs and shotguns and then finished below a B class CO/Prod shooter will get acutely suicidal tonight.
    Left home on the wrong day for your Steel Challenge match — check.

Shot a three gun match with a pistol — check.

Beat most of the field anyway — priceless.

You sure you didn’t stumble onto an IDPA match?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Typical millennial
    #RESIST

Well, GJM sucked me into this thread and now I feel bad about offending local 3G community. After all, we all were not that good at some point. I am thinking about picking up a PCC now, so I can belong. What's a good PCC? I know that admitting to owmeship of a PCC sometimes is considered an emasculating experience, especially when surrounded by a hardcore pistol crowd, so a pm is fine.

GJM, I got your pm, thanks.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List