Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    The above is why I went to Appendix Carry, as I was having the same issue with IWB with my Glocks or 1911. Using Sparks VM2 or SS2 with either gun caused the same issues. Switched to Appendix Carry and the problem went away. Of course now I have about $600 worth of really nice leather holsters I'm not using....
    I have only carried strong side hip and strong side pocket carry for nearly forty years so AIWB might have to wait until retirement when a Sam Brown belt is no longer a factor. Afraid to muddy the waters at this stage of my life with a completely different carry location.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’m late to the party on this.

I think for some people the “wall” on a glock trigger can send the brain a message that recoil is about to happen. On a good smooth da trigger there isn’t as defined of a physical stimulus to cause us to react to recoil before it occurs.
    It’s usually either that, the ergos of a Glock’s frame not playing nice with the shooter’s hands, or slowly decreasing grip pressure with the support hand.

I find that the minus connector and some conservative polishing of key contact points really reduces the pronounced wall in a typical Glock trigger action. It’s still not really great by any stretch of the imagination, but I find it considerably less distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is the reveolver not about the same weight?
    I am not the one you quoted, but for many of us, it is not about the weight. A revolver is flatter than a Glock, except at the cylinder, and many folks have natural hollows, where the cylinder can situate itself. I cannot hope to wear a Glock AIWB, unless it is a G42, but a GP100-sized revolver works OK. Before my butt fell off, with age, part of each glute muscle had a nicely rounded place for the cylinder to situate itself.

On the belt, the center of gravity of a revolver is lower than is the case with many autos. A high center of gravity can cause the grip end of a weapon to subtly lean outward, causing the muzzle end to apply pressure against the body. If the belt is not snug, a high center-of-gravity can increase the momentum effect, if the a weapon is able to move about.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I have only carried strong side hip and strong side pocket carry for nearly forty years so AIWB might have to wait until retirement when a Sam Brown belt is no longer a factor. Afraid to muddy the waters at this stage of my life with a completely different carry location.
    43 years on the job so I get what you are saying. I will say that for myself, I have always known where my firearm was because of the feel of it on my body. But do what works for you brother.
    Be Safe
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    43 years on the job so I get what you are saying. I will say that for myself, I have always known where my firearm was because of the feel of it on my body. But do what works for you brother.
    Be Safe
    Good point.
    Might be worth a go with a service length K or GP or my P250.
    A 4” AIWB revolver holster might just be the ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Good point.
    Might be worth a go with a service length K or GP or my P250.
    A 4” AIWB revolver holster might just be the ticket...
    A 4" is doable but length wise it's similar to a 5" 1911.

Cutting an inch off makes a huge difference imhe.

Cool WOW!!!

Just an awesome listen.

Chronic back pain makes carrying weight on my waist painful, so a 5-shot snub works for around the house. IMHO, it's not a primary carry piece
    for going out in public though, especially without reloads. My going outside gun is a Gen 1 Steyr S9, OWB @ 4 o'clock with 2 spare mags. As others
    have noted the snubbie has its place and it sure beats the PDW back at home but it would not be adequate to deal with multiple assailants. I have
    carried the Steyr since '04, and find it to be reliable and easy to shoot well. The snub rides in my bathrobe pocket when I'm home.

I really enjoyed this episode. Great discussion of the snub's strengths as compared to a G19, etc. It's sort of a yin/yang thing. One problem the snub has is that while everyone shoots at 5-7 yards, no one is getting regular experience with contact shots. What is not seen tends to be undervalued. Thanks for your time getting the word out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode. Great discussion of the snub's strengths as compared to a G19, etc. It's sort of a yin/yang thing. One problem the snub has is that while everyone shoots at 5-7 yards, no one is getting regular experience with contact shots. What is not seen tends to be undervalued. Thanks for your time getting the word out.
    Before COVID happened I was planning to use my LCR in the Ellifritz Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting class I had signed up for.

Chris

User Tag List