Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

@DaggaBoy

Any objections to making this a sticky? Snubbys argubably most relevant revolver these days and this is some good info. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I had and kept one for 5 years back when I traveled New England a lot and landed and departed from Logan a couple of times a month. At that time mine was a "Class A" license which meant I could even carry standard capacity mags which many of the locals found difficult at that point in time as I understood it. Probably has changed since then with respect to the magazines.
    One can carry, with and only with a carry permit*, >10 round capacity magazines manufactured prior to September 13 1994. No post-ban magazines may be brought into the state. Void in Boston which has its own hardline magazine capacity limit of 10 rounds regardless of manufacture date.

AR pistols are also not cool anywhere in the state barring some hoop-jumping. They break the 50 ounce limit and become assault weapons. There is also the sticking point of standard for receivers being copies of enumerated weapons.

* Tiered pistol permits, class A and B, have been replaced by a single permit. Don't know if issuing entity can still add restrictions.
    Last edited by Hi-Point Aficionado; 07-19-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Use the lock one for training And buy a no lock for carry. Problem or lack of problem solved.
    I desperately need to get a no lock 442 and delegate my ILS equipped 442 for range work only.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    commercial ammo? hand load - if so, what powder?

i load w231 for .38spl, .357mag and .45acp and it burns quite clean.
    I have had excellent results with BE-86 for .38, .45 auto, 9, and .40.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Funny how gun banners used to scream about banning Saturday night specials. I guess they only meant inexpensive poor quality guns that poor people could could afford
    You done broke the code, LT....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    The problem with the incidents Mas brought up was HIM having to explain why in a trial. I would say it is a HUGE advantage to do some study and you being able to intelligently explain and articulate it yourself early to either Law enforcement or with your attorney during a post shooting interview.
    This is just an incredible piece of advice, if you cannot articulate this yourself you will by default find yourself considered a suspect rather than a victim in the case... which will then lead to an expensive trial at the very least.

Site Supporter
    Had a long drive going to a bike race, finally got to listen to this. Great stuff!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    She did very well with the LCR 9mm today. Good job on gun handling, and very good accuracy. She still doesn’t like shooting, but wants to practice more.

The laser was a mixed blessing. When on the target, it was very helpful. But since her index isn’t consistent, if she relied solely on the laser, sometimes she couldn’t find it and ended up taking a long time to aim. Also, sometimes the activation button wasn’t under her finger, so it didn’t turn on as expected. Sights + laser seem like a good combo, but she will need to practice with sights only.
    How does the recoil of the 9mm LCR compare to something like a Glock 26, S&W Shield, or Sig P365?

I have found lasers to be useless outside during the day, but much more useful indoors at any time, or outdoors in poor light. At dusk, a Crimson Trace LaserGuard turns my Kel-Tec P3AT into a virtual tack driver at 60 ft. Almost all of the bad situations I have seen have occurred in poor light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    How does the recoil of the 9mm LCR compare to something like a Glock 26, S&W Shield, or Sig P365?
    Recoil is harsher than any of the 9mm autos I’ve used. But fortunately Mrs. CF is a CrossFitter with a strong grip. What she doesn’t like is racking the slide or loading mags on small autos. So the LCR seem to be a good gun for her.

Agreed on the laser. Shooting with sights must be primary.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post

... then made into a proper snubby 2 finger boot grip ...

Just want to thank rfd for this idea. I just did mine this morning and it feels like the solution to get the extra trigger reach I need.

I previously tried a pair of Siles but they don’t go far enough up the backstrap on a 642.

User Tag List