Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Site Supporter
    Snubs in ankle holsters work great when seated in a car or in an office setting. I often wore a 642 in an alessi ankle holster and another 642 in a Kramer pocket holster for court in the summer. We were required to wear a buttoned dress shirt, dress pants and a tie for preliminary hearing after a few officers showed up for wearing cutoff jeans and tee shirts.

Site Supporter
    Are there many places where concealed carry is a realistic possibility but magazine capacity is limited to something less than 10 rounds?

NY has a 7 round limit that is currently in litigation and if I understand correctly the 10 round limit is the one being enforced as that litigation progresses, and nonresident carry is not a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    .....after a few officers showed up for wearing cutoff jeans and tee shirts.
    This is why we can’t have nice things. 🤦*♂️
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Are there many places where concealed carry is a realistic possibility but magazine capacity is limited to something less than 10 rounds?

NY has a 7 round limit that is currently in litigation and if I understand correctly the 10 round limit is the one being enforced as that litigation progresses, and nonresident carry is not a possibility.
    MA & Ct

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    MA & Ct
    At least according to the Legal Heat app and handgunlaw.us, both states will allow a 10 round magazine. Neither will recognize a license issued by another state. Both will issue a nonresident license, but getting an unrestricted license is difficult in MA.

If states were passing, and successfully upholding against challenge, restrictions of less than 10 rounds, I could see a revolver as a safe travel solution. I also understand the administrative handling issue when traveling through more restrictive states. I just would not want to limit myself to 5-6 rounds when 10-11 appears to be safe wherever I can carry at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I understand what you are saying. My plan A retirement carry is my Glock 19 w 15 rd mags. I have a carry permit from my home state and I have my Leosa card for out of state. My wife and I like to vacation in New England. We love maine. Unfortunately we drive through NJ, NY, CT, and MA to get to Maine. I have met many fine police officers from these states but every Dept has those guys. I am more comfortable carrying a snubby j frame in my pocket and a S&W 66 snubby IWB when dealing with those police officers that think carrying a Glock 19 is probable cause to search for contraband magazines. Another plus to carrying a j frame in my pocket and another gun is the possibility of giving the J frame to another trusted person who is not armed. I have already explained to my wife that in a worst case situation if I give her my pocket gun and tell her flee she is to not argue but get away from me because I saw something that made me suspect a gunfight is imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    At least according to the Legal Heat app and handgunlaw.us, both states will allow a 10 round magazine. Neither will recognize a license issued by another state. Both will issue a nonresident license, but getting an unrestricted license is difficult in MA.

If states were passing, and successfully upholding against challenge, restrictions of less than 10 rounds, I could see a revolver as a safe travel solution. I also understand the administrative handling issue when traveling through more restrictive states. I just would not want to limit myself to 5-6 rounds when 10-11 appears to be safe wherever I can carry at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologise. I read 10rd. Not less than 10rds.

Mass out of state licenses isn't hard. Just apply and pay $100 every year.

I had and kept one for 5 years back when I traveled New England a lot and landed and departed from Logan a couple of times a month. At that time mine was a "Class A" license which meant I could even carry standard capacity mags which many of the locals found difficult at that point in time as I understood it. Probably has changed since then with respect to the magazines.

It was always fun going home, when I appeared at the airline counter and asked for a firearms declaration form they pressed some sort of button behind the counter and there would be a "statie" from "Troop F" at each elbow in about a minute asking if they could see my permit.

The first few times I could tell they were more than puzzled I had a valid permit, but after a while I was recognized as "that guy from AL". They were always quite polite.

Site Supporter
    I apologise. I read 10rd. Not less than 10rds.

Interesting and good to learn about MA. I would not have thought getting a license would be achievable for most of us.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I understand what you are saying. My plan A retirement carry is my Glock 19 w 15 rd mags. I have a carry permit from my home state and I have my Leosa card for out of state. My wife and I like to vacation in New England. We love maine. Unfortunately we drive through NJ, NY, CT, and MA to get to Maine. I have met many fine police officers from these states but every Dept has those guys. I am more comfortable carrying a snubby j frame in my pocket and a S&W 66 snubby IWB when dealing with those police officers that think carrying a Glock 19 is probable cause to search for contraband magazines. Another plus to carrying a j frame in my pocket and another gun is the possibility of giving the J frame to another trusted person who is not armed. I have already explained to my wife that in a worst case situation if I give her my pocket gun and tell her flee she is to not argue but get away from me because I saw something that made me suspect a gunfight is imminent.
    Definitely makes sense. NY and NJ are both crazy places. I am originally from NJ, and at this point even getting a Firearms Purchaser ID Card would be more trouble than it is worth for me. My sister and her family now live in NY, and visits to her home will most likely have to be gun-free.

If some unfavorable court action happens on the Safe Act that the local police learn about before you, having a revolver would be helpful.

User Tag List