Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If anyone is in touch with Smith - tell them to make another run of 315 Night Guards and another run of 327 PDs. Of course expensive guns didn't sell well in 2008 when nobody was buying anything, but the economy is great in 2019.
    FIFY.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Here is a link for my Facebook page with a new Gun of the Day on the 642 and my thoughts.

https://www.facebook.com/11992877135...1241196028391/
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    FIFY.
    At my age, Night Guard sounds like one of those special underpants old folks wear.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    “Not intended to treat revocular disfunction.”
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Just got finished with the snub interview. Probably the best podcast episode I have heard. So much great information I feel like I need to listen to it again and take notes. Many thanks to Darryl and Chris for taking the time to do this interview. I am now on the hunt for a Colt Police Positive snubby in .32 Colt New Police

I just got a Harry's Icon holster for my 642-1. Super awesome holster! A great design that keeps the muzzle tipped out and the grip tight to the body. Highly recommend.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Just got finished with the snub interview. Probably the best podcast episode I have heard. So much great information I feel like I need to listen to it again and take notes. Many thanks to Darryl and Chris for taking the time to do this interview. I am now on the hunt for a Colt Police Positive snubby in .32 Colt New Police

I just got a Harry's Icon holster for my 642-1. Super awesome holster! A great design that keeps the muzzle tipped out and the grip tight to the body. Highly recommend.
    Images if you'd please. Here or in a separate thread, (probably preferable).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Mrs. CF: “Is that a real gun? It’s cute! I like it!”

So far so good. 10 min of dryfire, and she’s actually looking forward to a range trip.
    She did very well with the LCR 9mm today. Good job on gun handling, and very good accuracy. She still doesn’t like shooting, but wants to practice more.

The laser was a mixed blessing. When on the target, it was very helpful. But since her index isn’t consistent, if she relied solely on the laser, sometimes she couldn’t find it and ended up taking a long time to aim. Also, sometimes the activation button wasn’t under her finger, so it didn’t turn on as expected. Sights + laser seem like a good combo, but she will need to practice with sights only.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I found a red laser from the CT grips pretty useless during the daytime at outside matches. I could shoot with the sights well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I found a red laser from the CT grips pretty useless during the daytime at outside matches. I could shoot with the sights well enough.
    The green laser is daylight bright out to 15 yds. At 7 it’s very usable.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I actually turn the laser off when my better half trains. Don't want to create that crutch. If it's there, than great, but lets not burn time looking for it. Her times actually got way better without it.

User Tag List