Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

good chat ... IMHO, snubbies rule for EDC CQB CCW.

Site Supporter
    Is an LCRx the only readily avilabale snub with a hammer and no internal lock?

I would like to get a 637 and convert it to DAO and bob the hammer. Even with a snub I like having a hammer to thumb when holstering.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

I would like to get a 637 and convert it to DAO and bob the hammer. Even with a snub I like having a hammer to thumb when holstering.
    I believe the only other no lock hammer j frame sized revolvers are Charter Arms. If you want Arnold sizes ones Ruger makes GP100, Redhawk and Super Redhawk snubbies
    Last edited by sharps54; 06-08-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Found my next thing to listen to on my commute
    Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

If you’re feeling competent enough to bob a hammer and convert to DAO why not delete the lock? https://www.originalprecision.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Colt Cobra?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I loved the episode. I would have loved to hear about specific holster preferences. I tried pocket carry, but after having a j-frame dump out of a Mika pocket holster while I was in my car, I am a bit shy to try that method of carry again.

there is no need for an external hammer snubnose revolver. it serves no purpose whatsoever. learn to use a snubnose as it was intended to be used, DAO. if need be, with a good snubby, staging the trigger is relatively easy to accomplish, and allows for an external hammer-like single action with a very light trip to fire.

Enjoying this now. Thanks for sharing. Hope DB has a good recovery.

A 638 will get you a gun with a hammer spur you can ride with your thumb when you stick it in holsters and pockets but won't snag.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List