Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

Sort of like how we used to practice grabbing a right hand holstered revolver at 3:00 in the left hand from across the body, getting the grip upside down and pulling the trigger with the little finger. It works quite well when one has the idea down.
    Based on my experience in conducting entangled handgun training for the past 18 years it can work but is low percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Based on my experience in conducting entangled handgun training for the past 18 years it can work but is low percentage.

Thanks for the information. You have the voice of experience in the entangled matters. I was only tangling with cans and various targets of opportunity to see if i could actually shoot that way.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Thanks for the information. You have the voice of experience in the entangled matters. I was only tangling with cans and various targets of opportunity to see if i could actually shoot that way.

Yeah man I think it’s way more viable outside of contact distance.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Yeah man I think it’s way more viable outside of contact distance.

I think youre right. Entangled would be very difficult.

I wasted 6 or 8 bricks or so of 22 rimfire ammo messing with it. Its a workable thing with a little practice, but entangled would be much different to say the least.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    A 638 will get you a gun with a hammer spur you can ride with your thumb when you stick it in holsters and pockets but won't snag.
    I like my M638. Light and easy to shoot. My wife likes to carry it. The little hammer tab helps extend my range should the need arise. Just take a little extra care to keep it clean.

Interesting...I’m thinking of adding a snub to my rotation carry. I like the idea of one handed draw/shoot

Didn’t want to start a new thread but...

... Ed Calderon just wrote this up. I think the same individual he’s interviewing contributed to the “La Pistola” post on Ed’s blog, discussing the initial exposure to the spooky snubs.

Lastly, if you look at Ed’s IG he recently did a snub class and there seems to be a lot of Fitz specials in attendance; this plus Ed’s endorsement of the 22 LR and 22 Mag as carry cartridges piqued my interest, plus all the threads here. I’ve got a quiver of 442s and need to add a 3” LCR but maybe a 43c is called for as well, if only for practice.

FWIW I don’t “get” the Fitz mods in a modern setting but if folks are keyed in enough to attend a class maybe there are merits beyond the obvious ease of trigger access.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 09-22-2020 at 11:41 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    ...“La Pistola” post on Ed’s blog, discussing the initial exposure to the spooky snubs...
    Do you happen to have a link? I'm coming up with nothing and would love to read that.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Do you happen to have a link? I'm coming up with nothing and would love to read that.
    I think it refers to the use of 9mm snubby revolvers for "spooks". The stated advantages were, if I remember it right, that 1) you left no casing behind for ID, 2) as it was a 9mm, people would look for a semi auto 3) all the concealment advantages of the snubby that the article linked and many threads in this sub section of the forum have often talked about.

The basic idea is that in an NPE country, a 9mm snub added to the difficulties for the authorities to track you down.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Sadly I couldn’t find it either; was on mobile last night so didn’t even look it up then but it seems that Ed has done some renovation with his site.

Wasn’t on Archive.org either.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List