Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Site Supporter
    Today, I shot my 632 in the IDPA match. Really not a snubby as it has a 3 inch barrel but it is a J frame. I love the gun. I have mastered the sights and the DA trigger pull (quite smooth now). My reloads are not lightning but competent (I use HKS as they are available in the 32 cal size). No shots outside of the 1's down and many zeros.

A fun nuance - I shot 32 SW Long FMJ by Fiocchi for most shots. However, that won't knock down steel reliably, esp. needed to activate a swinger. Thus, I load one speed loader with 327s for that and figure out the reload sequence to have those for the steel. However, if you have shot 327 Mag - it is loud. So, after a few targets with a mild pew, pew - BOOM! It scares the SO and score keeper plus the crowd that thought the gun blew up. It does give you a push. I wear a glove as I do now in most matches as my older hands have a touch of arthritis. Wah.

If I had to carry a revolver on my belt, that would be it. Might load it with a 32 Mag load which are more of a Boom. I found my SW Model 19 is big for my little hands and too clunky for concealed carry (just my IMHO). I used carry a G26. However, my pocket gun has settled on a SW 432 for most usages in dress scenarios that suggest pocket carry. Vacillating between it and the G42.

Mandatory chow report. One chicken fajita taco, one beef fajita taco. Ate with our squad of one Federal Agent, three local law, a handgun instructor, an insurance guy, an IT guy and one retired fat old psychologist. The heat was in the 90's but survivable.

Bad things, timers went bad, a 10 mm 1911 pattern bellied up, an AR pistol style gun had its optic batteries die and they were some weird little types. Sunk that gun. Interestingly had three young women show - one was an USPSA type and instructor, another USPSA type - wanting to try IDPA. Other women was shooting PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Today, I shot my 632 in the IDPA match. Really not a snubby as it has a 3 inch barrel but it is a J frame. I love the gun. I have mastered the sights and the DA trigger pull (quite smooth now). My reloads are not lightning but competent (I use HKS as they are available in the 32 cal size). No shots outside of the 1's down and many zeros.

A fun nuance - I shot 32 SW Long FMJ by Fiocchi for most shots. However, that won't knock down steel reliably, esp. needed to activate a swinger. Thus, I load one speed loader with 327s for that and figure out the reload sequence to have those for the steel. However, if you have shot 327 Mag - it is loud. So, after a few targets with a mild pew, pew - BOOM! It scares the SO and score keeper plus the crowd that thought the gun blew up. It does give you a push. I wear a glove as I do now in most matches as my older hands have a touch of arthritis. Wah.

If I had to carry a revolver on my belt, that would be it. Might load it with a 32 Mag load which are more of a Boom. I found my SW Model 19 is big for my little hands and too clunky for concealed carry (just my IMHO). I used carry a G26. However, my pocket gun has settled on a SW 432 for most usages in dress scenarios that suggest pocket carry. Vacillating between it and the G42.

Mandatory chow report. One chicken fajita taco, one beef fajita taco. Ate with our squad of one Federal Agent, three local law, a handgun instructor, an insurance guy, an IT guy and one retired fat old psychologist. The heat was in the 90's but survivable.

Bad things, timers went bad, a 10 mm 1911 pattern bellied up, an AR pistol style gun had its optic batteries die and they were some weird little types. Sunk that gun. Interestingly had three young women show - one was an USPSA type and instructor, another USPSA type - wanting to try IDPA. Other women was shooting PCC.
    That's the powerport pro?

Site Supporter
    Yes, it's compensated, external hammer. I put a fiber optic adjustable sight on it. It's a stainless finish unlike the more common blued one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Yes, it's compensated, external hammer. I put a fiber optic adjustable sight on it. It's a stainless finish unlike the more common blued one.
    How much does the comp help with muzzle flip on hot 327 mag loads?

Site Supporter
    Even with the 327s, I didn't notice enough muzzle flip to disrupt my second shot on the typical IDPA double tap. So, it would seem that it does help. The most noticeable difference, as I said earlier, is the big boom and the straight back recoil. With my glove, I've found in the past it can be an ouch. With the glove, not so much. The 32 HR mag, no problems with boom or push back.

Wouldn't mind trying an LCR in 327 but budget suggests other usages of funds, now.

Well, the “Snub Interview” just cost me more money. DB displaying Pat Rogers’ Speed Six influenced me to add yet another Speed Six, a slick sub-3” Speed Six, to be a companion to my 4” Speed Six. Normally, I want to handle a weapon, before buying, but this one looked so clean, I bought it on-line, within minutes of seeing it posted.

This is the dealer’s image; Collectors Firearms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-03-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Very nice Rex. The pre GP100 Rugers don't turn up very often around here. I regret not buying my issued Security Six back in 1990 when we traded them for 9mms. I kept my eyes peeled for years for a 2 3/4 stainless Security Six and never saw one for sale.

Wow, that's nice

Site Supporter
    If you'll forgive bad mis-quoting, a K-frame by any other name is just as sweet.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, the “Snub Interview” just cost me more money. DB displaying Pat Rogers’ Speed Six influenced me to add yet another Speed Six, a slick sub-3” Speed Six, to be a companion to my 4” Speed Six. Normally, I want to handle a weapon, before buying, but this one looked so clean, I bought it on-line, within minutes of seeing it posted.

This is the dealer’s image; Collectors Firearms.
    There is no telling how much money that one interview has cost those of us who listened to it.

User Tag List