Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    There is no telling how much money that one interview has cost those of us who listened to it.
    Wish I got a cut of that....🤔
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    If you'll forgive bad mis-quoting, a K-frame by any other name is just as sweet.

Dave
    Yes, of course, and, the true “companion” gun would be my 2” Model 64.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    This is the dealer’s image; Collectors Firearms.
    Oof... I go by there once in awhile if I happen to be in the area when they're open just to take a gander at stuff. They buy low and sell very high. Like 30-50 percent above market on used stuff in many cases I've seen. They do clean and lube the used guns, so the stuff at least presents well for what it is. I've always assumed they do their business with people who have oil or other big money and don't really worry too much about the price. There's enough of that around this town to be a workable model.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Oof... I go by there once in awhile if I happen to be in the area when they're open just to take a gander at stuff. They buy low and sell very high. Like 30-50 percent above market on used stuff in many cases I've seen. They do clean and lube the used guns, so the stuff at least presents well for what it is. I've always assumed they do their business with people who have oil or other big money and don't really worry too much about the price. There's enough of that around this town to be a workable model.
    Expensive, yes, though a manager will usually knock a good bit off the top when I buy in person. This, being an on-line purchase, I paid the full asking price, but at least I got a very clean, well-preserved sample of something on my bucket list. Had I waited until I could visit, in person, it might have sold before I could get there.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

There is no telling how much money that one interview has cost those of us who listened to it.
    And we are blessed for it!

Site Supporter
    Rex, what I was trying to say (and did so badly) was that Ruger built a superior K-frame in the Security/Serivce- Sixes.

Then they screwed it all up with the blocky, ugly, and heavy GP-100, an L-frame that isn't as nice as Smith's...until Springfield added the stupid IL. Good grief, next thing you know I'll be saying they don't make 'em like they used to. (smile)

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 08-04-2019 at 09:07 PM.

The primary interviewee has led me to spend several thousand on S&W revolvers, H&Ks, & probably an AUG in the future. He is a bad man.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    The primary interviewee has led me to spend several thousand on S&W revolvers, H&Ks, & probably an AUG in the future. He is a bad man.
    A 640 Pro is one of the new additions to the Scottsdale Gun Club's revolver case.

The only excuse I could manufacture to myself is that they only had one. Unfortunately the staff are now aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Rex, what I was trying to say (and did so badly) was that Ruger built a superior K-frame in the Security/Serivce- Sixes.

Then they screwed it all up with the blocky, ugly, and heavy GP-100, an L-frame that isn't as nice as Smith's...until Springfield added the stupid IL. Good grief, next thing you know I'll be saying they don't make 'em like they used to. (smile)

Dave
    The GP100 is blocky and ugly, indeed, but I love the original-style GP100 grip. It is as if a twin brother designed the GP100 and SP101 grips, and, for that matter, the No. 1 Rifle stock.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I wish Ruger brought back the six series. My local LGS had a NIB 4” blue security six for $350. I didn’t jump on it and when I came back that day it was gone.

User Tag List