Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    Thumbs up on the administrative handling advantages of a revolver. I dry fire daily and it’s nice to not have to think about repeated cycling of a carry round.
    Not to mention with a revolver you can practice every skill except recoil management in dry fire since there is no slide to manipulate. Once upon a time I’d point out the rubber bullets launched by primers for practice at home in your basement but since primers have been identified as a source of lead I’m not sure that is such a good idea anymore.
    Last edited by sharps54; 06-11-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Nyclads?
    those cartridges in the 642c pic are precision 147 grain hi-teks.

i only load my revolver cartridges with hi-teks from precision (147), acme (158), or black bullet intl (160).

@Mas would probably know.
    I haven't personally run across a case where lock removal has been an issue. (Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just means one guy hasn't seen it.)

That said, any desperate plaintiff's lawyer or politically motivated prosecutor looking for a hook to hang a case on will find all kinds of precedent where gun companies have been sued for not putting locks or mag disconnector safeties or whatever on guns, and will quickly find inspiration to argue that the defendant removing a "gun safety feature" constitutes a continuing pattern of reckless and negligent behavior, those being key ingredients to some wrongful death claims and to manslaughter charges. I did one case where the prosecution made a big deal out of one of the defendant's guns that he kept in his glove box -- not even the gun he used in the shooting -- was a Browning Hi Power whose mag disconnector safety had been removed. Charge was manslaughter.

I agree with the mainstream here: an argument you don't have to fight is an argument won. I only own two S&Ws with the lock: a 625 PC and a regularly carried backup 340 M&P. Neither has given me trouble and both still have the lock intact.

That said, if the deactivated lock issue came up, my argument for the defense would be that the internal lock is expressly designed for LONG TERM STORAGE, and any gun kept loaded and ready for personal defense or home defense would have the lock disengaged anyway. The trick is getting that sort of point across to 12 people and a couple of alternates who have all been selected by opposing counsel for their lack of knowledge of firearms.

i don't trust an internal S&W lock for more than one reason. this is a non-issue if you purchase the right smith. case closed.

Here are the ones I have

Nyclads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Doesn't look them to me.
    Name:  NYCLAD.JPG
Views: 740
Size:  38.5 KB

Site Supporter
    $15.99/box? Boy, that's an old photo!

I carry 135gr Speer golt dots because they shoot to the sights and I have a 135gr lead mold that I can twist up practice rounds but I am seriously considering switching to wadcutters due to recoil as I get older

I also aiwb one and pocket carry a second as a reload when I venture into less than desirable locations.

I have tried to drift away from the snub but I keep coming back

Last edited by eb07; 06-11-2019 at 10:38 AM.

I could listen to DB all day

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    $15.99/box? Boy, that's an old photo!
    Well, new photo of an old box
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-11-2019 at 10:56 AM.

*Great* podcast; good follow up discussion here. Most def helping me out with my wheelgun jolies.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List