Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Before COVID happened I was planning to use my LCR in the Ellifritz Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting class I had signed up for.

Chris
    Greg will be coming down to Dallas as part of the HiTS Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Roundup this fall.

Just planting a seed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Greg will be coming down to Dallas as part of the HiTS Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Roundup this fall.

Just planting a seed.
    Appreciate the heads-up, but Dallas is a hike from NoVA. I'll have to wait for the class to come back around this area.

Thanks!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Appreciate the heads-up, but Dallas is a hike from NoVA. I'll have to wait for the class to come back around this area.

Thanks!

Chris
    I am hoping to schedule a snub class at John Murphy’s place.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    I really enjoyed that interview and it got me to started checking out a lot of the other P-S videos and wandering around here again, and has had me slowly reading several threads on here about 6-8 years old. I am a lifelong revolver fan in general, and a huge fan of old cop guns and snubbies in particular. I had mostly abandoned gun forums for years other than for collecting and reloading info because of the signal to noise ration on pretty much all of them. I really appreciate all the real world, practical experience on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Another fan of federal wadcutters in J-frames (and LCR) as well.

I sure some of the members here were on TPI back in it's beginning and will recall Gomez's recommendation for Fuzzy Fletcher (Village Metalworks) and the Safestop plated wadcutters that Fuzzy produced.
    I still have a couple of hundred of those rounds and wish they were still in production. My notes from 2005 indicated those 148 gr plated rounds chronoed at 720 fps and shot to the sights of my S&W 640.

I like the idea of strong side pocket carry that DB mentions in the interview. While the smooth back snubbies definitely draw unimpeded, I need to look into some jeans/pants with a bit wider pocket that my Carharrt carpenter jeans...something more "roomy" like my Wrangler shorts. Any recommendations folks?

fwiw I've found my two A-Holster pocket holsters for my 640 (right hand and left hand) accommodate both my .38 and .22 LCRs. That's a win in my book!
    Jamie,

Are these the Safestop rounds? I found about a dozen of them in Barrick's ammo stash. Didn't know what they were.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Last edited by revolvergeek; 05-13-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    I really enjoyed that interview and it got me to started checking out a lot of the other P-S videos and wandering around here again, and has had me slowly reading several threads on here about 6-8 years old. I am a lifelong revolver fan in general, and a huge fan of old cop guns and snubbies in particular. I had mostly abandoned gun forums for years other than for collecting and reloading info because of the signal to noise ration on pretty much all of them. I really appreciate all the real world, practical experience on this board.

Jamie,

Are these the Safestop rounds? I found about a dozen of them in Barrick's ammo stash. Didn't know what they were.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Yes Sir. They certainly are, at least they are identical in appearance to mine.

(PM to you Danny)

Matt hit me up to be on that one, sucks I had to work and missed it. Good podcast.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Matt hit me up to be on that one, sucks I had to work and missed it. Good podcast.
    Maybe you guys could schedule another one with yourself, DB, Chris Baker, and Claude Werner. I’m sure there’s a ton of stuff that hasn’t been covered in the first episode. *hint, hint*
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

[It took me a while to find this thread again--sorry for the double posting in the LCR thread.]

This thread was what made me consider carrying a snubby for defensive purposes. It's definitely taken me a while to warm to the idea of a 5 shot revolver as a viable choice, but I'm on board now. The ability to deploy the gun quickly in a less-than ideal situation is a big advantage. In the post below, I explore drawing the gun from AIWB strong hand only, grabbing through the shirt, and firing from the thumb-pectoral index toward the opponents pelvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I did some on the clock dryfire with the LCR 9mm. My timer picks up the hammer drop, so the times are real.

Strong hand only AIWB draw inside the shirt to thumb-pec index shot: 0.53s. I’m really warming to the snubby for defensive applications.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

@Clusterfrack have you tried front pocket carry with those grips?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    @Clusterfrack have you tried front pocket carry with those grips?
    Yep. Works fine with the Bantam grips.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List