Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    We need a podcast with you and @Rex G.

I’m serious, the stories you guys could tell would be great.

I mean only Rex G can make me want a 229R DAK in .40. Yes, the DAK is my favorite trigger.

If Ruger ever releases a SP-101 in .357/.38, or even just .38, with 6 rounds. I’ll be getting one.
    You left out BBI. In fact, it would be much better if it was Rex and BBI and I could just call in and be a heckler.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’m about halfway through listening to this and absolutely enjoying it! There was definitely a point where the “What if it was one guy with six guns?” scene popped into my head.😄

Is it too early to ask when this year’s Revolver Roundup will be as well as this year’s theme?😁
    It’s live....just having difficulty getting it on our page. Stand by....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    We need a podcast with you and @Rex G.

I’m serious, the stories you guys could tell would be great.

I mean only Rex G can make me want a 229R DAK in .40. Yes, the DAK is my favorite trigger.

If Ruger ever releases a SP-101 in .357/.38, or even just .38, with 6 rounds. I’ll be getting one.
    Well, .40 Snap & Whip, with that high, classic-SIG bore axis, is no fun, especially as one ages. As soon as the chief OK’ed 9mm as an alternative primary duty cartridge, I switched to 9mm, and as I already had G19 and G17 pistols on hand, and was in the twilight of my career, I did not buy a 9mm P229.

As for stories, I am in awe of men like Pat Rogers, and the LAPD Metro guys, who had far more violent encounters than I ever did, in spread-out Houston. If the bad guys can see the patrol vehicle, from many blocks away, there is less likely to be a fight, by the time we get there. (Plus, I tended to exit the patrol with my shotgun, which tended to keep gunfights from starting, in the first place.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-10-2019 at 02:38 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You left out BBI. In fact, it would be much better if it was Rex and BBI and I could just call in and be a heckler.
    Heckler via puns and dad jokes. Ouch.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Heckler via puns and dad jokes. Ouch.
    Sounds like a good time to me! In fact, it sounds like my Dad’s birthday party last weekend...🤔
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

So much gold. Thank you DB for posting this, listening to this interview just reaffirms how badly I need to spend some training time with you all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    But then who would be the Koch?

Concerning the locks...... Undoubtedly the j frame has been used frequently in self-defense outside of the home so It would be reasonable to think somewhere along the line a j frame was used with the lock but it was removed or disabled.

Has this ever been brought up or been a factor in any civilian self-defense legal or civil proceedings? Not looking for a discussion on things that could happen only things that have happened thanks.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Concerning the locks...... Undoubtedly the j frame has been used frequently in self-defense outside of the home so It would be reasonable to think somewhere along the line a j frame was used with the lock but it was removed or disabled.

Has this ever been brought up or been a factor in any civilian self-defense legal or civil proceedings? Not looking for a discussion on things that could happen only things that have happened thanks.
    There's a lengthy thread on modifications and their impact. I'm not in the position to dig it up at the moment, but it addresses both why such modifications aren't recommended and why they may have an impact that either isn't outright stated in publicly accessible records or isn't recorded at all. Prosecutors, detectives, grand juries, etc. aren't required to spell out their use of discretion and juries aren't required to discuss their reasoning. Having been on both sides of the investigation, I'm pretty cognizant that things that perceptions can matter quite a bit regardless of if they elements of the crime or not.

My experience is civil is where emotional responses and "creating a narrative" is a bigger deal. The allowable questions are wider, the rules of what can be admitted are looser. When I was depo'dI was asked about social media presence, hobbies, etc. Things that wouldn't fly in criminal. Now, as I stated earlier this is now less of a concern in my state today as there are new laws shielding justified shoots from civil liability.

If you're comfortable answering why you disabled a safety device, knock yourself out. If you think a civil jury made up of people who know nothing about guns couldn't be persuaded it's a sign of your recklessness, knock yourself out. If your state laws shield you from civil liability if you aren't criminally charged, knock yourself out. If, on the other hand, you know that every argument you make in these sorts of things cost money and can potentially be used to create a narrative against you, perhaps just buy an LCR.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you're comfortable answering why you disabled a safety device, knock yourself out.
    Removing the trigger lock on a J-frame isn't in the same ball park as taping a grip safety on a 1911. One could articulate the mechanical function of the S&W lock easily. One could also search out accounts of lock failure.

That said, I circumvent the whole issue and buy no lock models.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List