Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I wish Ruger brought back the six series. My local LGS had a NIB 4” blue security six for $350. I didn’t jump on it and when I came back that day it was gone.
    I'm wondering if we might actually see that. Maybe not a re-introduction of the six series, per se, but a K-frame sized, .357 revolver that holds six shots.

If you had asked me five years ago if we would see manufacturers putting the time and money into new revolver designs, I would have emphatically said "no."

Since then we've had the Kimber K6, and Colt has introduced the Cobra and King Cobra lines. They appear to be selling, so maybe Ruger will smell money.

I'm probably going to buy a 3" SP101 in the next year, but it would be super cool if Ruger would introduce a slightly larger version with six shots, a 3" barrel and good sights.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm wondering if we might actually see that. Maybe not a re-introduction of the six series, per se, but a K-frame sized, .357 revolver that holds six shots.

If you had asked me five years ago if we would see manufacturers putting the time and money into new revolver designs, I would have emphatically said "no."

Since then we've had the Kimber K6, and Colt has introduced the Cobra and King Cobra lines. They appear to be selling, so maybe Ruger will smell money.

I'm probably going to buy a 3" SP101 in the next year, but it would be super cool if Ruger would introduce a slightly larger version with six shots, a 3" barrel and good sights.
    Given how much everyone and their brother wants to take away all of our magazine fed “assault weapons”, that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent listen!

I finally got the listen to the entire interview. My main takeaway was the we are quite fortunate to have DB as a resource here. Great info and being so professionally presented is just icing on the cake.

Site Supporter
    Lester, I would be in line for that one in a heart beat...maybe faster. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Given how much everyone and their brother wants to take away all of our magazine fed “assault weapons”, that would be awesome.
    Recent events has me considering 1-2 more pieces of soulless murder plastic (thank you @Hizzie!) then anything after that will be adding to my stash of revolvers. I've played with most all the polymer pistols that interest me so I need to finally settle down and quit looking for the "perfect" one.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I just acquired a used Model 36(no dash). The action feels great, but the sights? They’re the narrower blade and gutter that make the 642 sights look big and sharp by comparison. ;-)

Since that my eyes are closer to 60 than 50, this may be a good candidate for Lasergrips.

Edit: A quick check with calipers gave approximately .110” for the 642 front sight width and .070” for the 36. No wonder I can’t see it! Nail polish may not be enough....
    Last edited by peterb; 08-06-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I just acquired a used Model 36(no dash). The action feels great, but the sights? They’re the narrower blade and gutter that make the 642 sights look big and sharp by comparison. ;-)

Since that my eyes are closer to 60 than 50, this may be a good candidate for Lasergrips.
    I traded my Model 36 in 1996 after about 15 years of carry...but it was a great shooting gun (with the simple addition of some of my wife's high vis nail polish).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Started listening to this this morning on my walk.

Very useful information and will be able to put it to good use. I'm in the 'avoid violent assault' camp and find a snubbie in my pocket more often than not these days.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Started listening to this this morning on my walk.

Very useful information and will be able to put it to good use. I'm in the 'avoid violent assault' camp and find a snubbie in my pocket more often than not these days.
    Just finished it up today. Listening to this podcast is like having a free snubby training class.

I wanted to ask a question for follow up that maybe didn't get fully explored, or I missed it. DB mentioned using a simple technique to shoot ball and dummy drills by opening the cylinder, and spinning then replacing, getting many good dry presses in a box of ammo. I will file this one away.

Are there any other good snubby-specific dry practice techniques one could use at home? Perhaps using one's "training" gun (heavier .357 or steel J-frame etc.)? I may have briefly heard "Claude Werner" drills; are these Dry Practice drills? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

I am so grateful for the resources and expertise here on p-f. Discovering how useful a snubby is was one of the most profound mindset changes I have experienced in my training journey since starting out with "I need a gun for, you know, self-defense" about 6 years ago. Funny how I ended up with a Glock 19 and a Snubby.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-02-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Rich, you might have a look at Werner’s downloadable books.

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress....ills-the-book/

Latest one...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List