Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I have had these patches irritate by rubbing but never had them on pockets.

About pockets. Once I had a seamstress(Mrs. Willie)enlarge front pockets and replace the pouch area with a double thickness. That worked ok, but when I whined about minor details, she quit the project. My next idea was creating an inside the waist band pocket that would, of course, been integral with the pants. The intended design would have fit a LW Commander. This never happened and is a suggestion to others. Be forewarned. Don't bitch.
    There ya go. Proof that neither itching nor bitching win the day. So much for the squeaky wheel...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It's got me looking for .32s.....
    Don't get me started on that. The .32 snub is an itch that I'm going to have to scratch eventually. I've been looking for some 332s, 432s, and a 632 Pro for a couple years now and every time they come up for sale I haven't been in a position to make it happen. It'll be a good thing when I snag a couple as my coworkers at the office are probably tired of me pontificating on .32 Magnums and .32ACP mouse guns.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

It made me regret selling my pre-lock 332 32 H&R...

Site Supporter
    Using wadcutters for defense in .38 Spl revolvers has been discussed in the gun literature for many decades. I remember reading such in the early 1960's, and I feel certain that the idea developed as soon as did the wadcutter design itself. Some agreed that it was a good idea; others disagreed. Thinking about the idea and reflecting on Doc's opinion, I have a suggestion that may be original. Anyway, I've not seen such reported. My idea is having a custom mold maker create this design: a wadcutter bullet with two or three sharp cutting edges on the front end. For a custom mould maker this design would be most simple to make. The bullet then would, when spinning, saw its way through tissue. I have a sinful amount of lead, the equipment, and about 50 years experience casting bullets. Hmmm .

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    It made me regret selling my pre-lock 332 32 H&R...
    If you knew what has passed through my hands, not valued enough to keep, and then sold or traded, you would obsess more for my pain than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I'd like to give pocket carry a try with my 638, but don't really feel like investing in a holster to do so. Can you post some pics or a basic "how to" on creating one of these milk jug holsters?

I saw a photo in another thread from (I believe) @GJM with something similar, but I've been unable to find it.
    I saw some pics here also, I just used the corner bend of a jug, started cutting around the shape of my gun, left tabs to fold over so the tape isnt the only thing holding the edge together and the barrel doesnt end up in tape goo. I left the top low enough I can get my hand on the gun correctly, with a slight high spot at the top front above the hammer, it can help catch on the pocket to help the gun clear, i seem to push off on it to help free the gun sometimes.

Somebody else had good info about the milk jug holsters, Im a rank amateur at it. Best thing is its cheap to re-do as needed. I found myself shopping for milk with jugs that didnt have the round indentations in the middle of the flats.

If you dont get milk in gallon jugs, you can get water in gallon jugs at walmarts or other places pretty cheap.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-16-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Using wadcutters for defense in .38 Spl revolvers has been discussed in the gun literature for many decades. I remember reading such in the early 1960's, and I feel certain that the idea developed as soon as did the wadcutter design itself. Some agreed that it was a good idea; others disagreed. Thinking about the idea and reflecting on Doc's opinion, I have a suggestion that may be original. Anyway, I've not seen such reported. My idea is having a custom mold maker create this design: a wadcutter bullet with two or three sharp cutting edges on the front end. For a custom mould maker this design would be most simple to make. The bullet then would, when spinning, saw its way through tissue. I have a sinful amount of lead, the equipment, and about 50 years experience casting bullets. Hmmm .
    This isn’t a new idea. Jim Cirrillo came up with the same idea called “felon grabbers” which were a modification of “pin grabber” bullets designed for bowling pin matches. The idea of felon grabbers is that they wouldn’t glance off skills but bite in.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    This isn’t a new idea. Jim Cirrillo came up with the same idea called “felon grabbers” which were a modification of “pin grabber” bullets designed for bowling pin matches. The idea of felon grabbers is that they wouldn’t glance off skills but bite in.
    100%. And it was with Cirillo's input, to the best of my knowledge, that Fuzzy Fletcher made and sold the SafeStop rounds.
    I don't have any of the notched rounds, but the plated wadcutters Mr. Fletcher loaded have a sharp ogive to them. They are described and discussed in Mr.Cirillo's excellent book "Guns, Bullets, and Gunfights".
    He explains that that shape should preform a cutting action as the bullet passes through the incredibly elastic tissue of the human body, and cut into such bone as the skull is comprised of lessening the chance of it glancing off when struck at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I'd like to give pocket carry a try with my 638, but don't really feel like investing in a holster to do so. Can you post some pics or a basic "how to" on creating one of these milk jug holsters?

I saw a photo in another thread from (I believe) @GJM with something similar, but I've been unable to find it.
    FWIW, a DeSantis Nemesis J-frame holster is $20 on Amazon Prime. It's not a huge investment.

I've used one for coat pocket carry for years.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    FWIW, a DeSantis Nemesis J-frame holster is $20 on Amazon Prime. It's not a huge investment.

I've used one for coat pocket carry for years.
    I've used "one" for front pocket carry for over ten years. And by "one" I mean when the sticky stuff on the outside gets worn smooth, I hit the "buy now" button on 'zon and have a new one in two days.

It seems like the material has changed though, and it's lasting longer.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List