Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Would you give me a short insight what you are using it for? I guess for a supersized pocket gun, its too wide & heavy?
    Any holsters you recommend?

I listened to the show and will change from a G19, carried AIWB with an empty chamber, to a revolver. Thanks for making up my mind!!

The only thing that is holding me back buying the 327pc is the dismal performance of most .38 loads out of the 2" barrels. Ok, 8x .38 wadcutter is nothing to sneeze at,
    but (from what I have read, the most recent the luckygunner tests) a little longer barrel would help most loads a lot. I'd like to carry Federal HST in it. Come on,
    S&W, give us at least 2.25".
    There are a few good .357 defense loads that are somewhat downloaded. 125 golden sabers, 135 critical duty, 145 silvertips, 135 short barreled .357 gold dot.

They'll perform better than .38s and not be unreasonably hard to shoot.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Great podcast thanks DB, cost me $400, almost cost me a lot more!
    It's got me looking for .32s.....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Little 22's.

"It’s going in my pocket for our summer road trip. I still want a little .22 "

I had a 351c that I carried with Gold Dots. It was pretty crude out of the box, but Teddy Jacobson (Actions by T - did a NAA Guardian, too) worked it over for me and sent back a very nice pocket gun that I intended to save for my old age. Now that I'm officially "old age" I can still handle a 38/9mm and traded it off for a 66-2. Nice gun with GD's once its tuned up.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia!

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Finally I have a 642 w laser boot grip in my pocket right now
    Which model grip do you have? I see several models available from Crimson Trace ranging from $170-350 but none say which is the boot grip style.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    My 642 has crimson trace polymer grips model LG-105.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My 642 has crimson trace polymer grips model LG-105.
    I have them on my 442 and I dislike them. Even with mouse-phart loads (2.9 grains of Trail Boss over a 158gr SWC), the gun is unpleasant for me to shoot.

I'm also having trouble thinking of a scenario where I'd need them. As DB discusses in the video in another thread, airweight snubbies are "yank them out of your pocket and shoot the bad guy in the frelling head at bad-breath distance" guns. (OK, I'm paraphrasing mightily.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Which model grip do you have? I see several models available from Crimson Trace ranging from $170-350 but none say which is the boot grip style.
    LG-405. I just pulled my 340 off my ankle for a pic. I've carried this thing at work as my BUG for almost 12 years now, and have used several different grips...however, the 405's make this j-frame much more comfortable to shoot than anything else, thanks to the rubber on the back strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It's got me looking for .32s.....
    DB and I were at the S&W Collector's Association annual show today. I saw an extremely nice little I-frame Smith in .32 with a 2" barrel. Not a Terrier, but a pre-Model 30.

I have been scouring Gunbroker, looking at Colt Detective Specials in .32. Then buying a hammer shroud, and sending off to get that added. Darryl reminded me that Bobo (Michael de Bethancourt) sells repro ones, and Karl Sokol could mount it for me.

We discussed calling my financial advisor and breaking into the 401K piggy bank. Oh, and they had a 3" CS-1, and a 686-3 3" carry Comp, and all sorts of tasty goodness.

Darryl and some friends had a three tables of law enforcement Smiths. Amazing stuff. I hope he posts some pics.

But yeah, a Colt or Smith .32 with a hammer shroud would be quite nice.

Saw this 2” Colt .32 while perusing GB last night:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817133538
    Last edited by Lon; 06-14-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List