Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

Good show

Watched it from start to finish, great snubby content and commentary from those who have lived with snubs. I've been pocket carrying a snub (340PD) for a long time and its nice once in a while to get some of that concrete backing to what I feel to be the truth when it comes to close contact defensive tools, namely the jframes. I don't know where I picked up the addage that revolvers are for defense and pistols are for offense but someone along the line must have snuck it in my ear and it has rang true for me. I first started carrying in a pocket with a model 37 and a NAA 22mag many many years ago, and somewhere along became enamored\ sickened with pocket autos. I tried just about everything and came full circle back to j frames. I liked DBs tell of smiling with a hand in the pocket when a perp interview was jumping off, it raced my mind back to a mirror image incident I had up in Flint Mi decades ago out in front of a dive party store, walking out hand in pocket with just a NAA22 mag clutched in my palm had a similar interview.. "Hey Buddy got a smoke?" while he was reaching, I do no why but I also smiled, and with my off hand I pulled out a pack and said "here's two" all with my strong hand still in the pocket and grinning like a cat...he rocked back like he was loosing his ballance, regained his composure took the smokes and left the way he had rushed in..one of those Crystal clear moments that stick with you..sold the 22mag.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've been waffling on getting a 48 or 43 to replace my airweight snub for *reasons*. I keep talking myself out of it for some of the reasons outlined in the interview. So, suitably validated, I no longer feel the need to "upgrade".
    The hammerless J has certain and sufficient attributes to own its niche, and there really is no "replacement." Others types and models do able work, but there are ways and places you can carry a J that just aren't as viable with others. I've chased that tail.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post

modded hogue 60020 ...

Got any more pics of modded grip?
    Last edited by Hizzie; 06-09-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

i highly recommend - S&W 642 centennial, no internal lock, $340, free shipping - https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...2.cfm/ID/64138
    Thank you my friend. Just ordered. Have never purchased from this particular vendor before, but hopefully your highly recommend will be same here. Never can have too many.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    That podcast read like a great book.

Thank you DB.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Got any more pics of modded grip?
    before the grip surgery, the hogue 60020 3 finger grip ...

... then made into a proper snubby 2 finger boot grip ...

What did you use to “snip the tip” so to speak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    What did you use to “snip the tip” so to speak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the hogue 60020 mono grip is a one piece cushioning rubber that pushes onto the frame. there's a bottom "keeper" of harder plastic/rubber. this keeper, along with a bit of the softer rubber, is what needs to get removed, and right at the very bottom edge of the handle frame. i used a bandsaw on the keeper, after marking on where the cut needed to be made, then removed it from the grip for the actual cutting. a hacksaw blade would work just as well, only take more time. i cut it slightly proud, then used sandpaper to level it to the handle frame. once the keeper was fit to size and installed back on the main grip, it was used as a guide to cut the softer cushioning rubber, sliced off with an uber sharp blade.

@Dagga Boy Have you done other interviews? That was incredible. For sure in the top 3 episodes of P&S.
    Last edited by pooty; 06-10-2019 at 07:30 AM.

That is a good looking mod. Well done.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List