Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spokane PD to issue suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have seen LEOs in the Atlanta airport with suppressors when there was a higher threat for some reason - I believe they were ATL PD. Slight drift - I am seeing more LEO in Cherokee County with RDS on their service pistols (Glocks and RMRs).
    The Atlanta PD does handle the airport even though most of it is not within the city limits of Atlanta. Any person arrested at the airport is taken to the Clayton County Jail (at least that's my understanding).
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have seen LEOs in the Atlanta airport with suppressors when there was a higher threat for some reason - I believe they were ATL PD. Slight drift - I am seeing more LEO in Cherokee County with RDS on their service pistols (Glocks and RMRs).
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The Atlanta PD does handle the airport even though most of it is not within the city limits of Atlanta. Any person arrested at the airport is taken to the Clayton County Jail (at least that's my understanding).

The entire Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport and a certain area around it is in fact part of the City of Atlanta (annexed long time ago) the City of Atlanta Police are the local police of the Atlanta airport. The guys in green with the 11.5" Sionics Rifles with Dead Air cans are there all the time (there is an SRT specif to the Airport).

Cherokee County SO does in fact allow many Deputies to carry RMR'ed Glocks and its general issue to their guys in what they call their special operation units (SWAT, K9, etc.) and they have done it for a while.

In regards to suppressors on longer rifles a 14.5" gun with a mini surefire can or others is still pretty handy in a house again dudes in the past have had to clear crap with M16s. I'm a big fan of 14.5 guns because I can have a 13" rail and I have orangutan arms, I've had several 10.3" rifles as well but I prefer running a long rail vs having 2" overall less length (a 14.5" gun with surefire mini is about 19" bbl length and a 10.3 with full size can (which is must use vs mini) is 16" bbl length overall). There are several benefits to running a suppressor on a duty rifle, hearing, flash suppression, etc.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 06-08-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    The entire Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport and a certain area around it is in fact part of the City of Atlanta (annexed long time ago) the City of Atlanta Police are the local police of the Atlanta airport. The guys in green with the 11.5" Sionics Rifles with Dead Air cans are there all the time (there is an SRT specif to the Airport).
    What about the parts that are actually inside the city limits of Hapeville and College Park?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    What about the parts that are actually inside the city limits of Hapeville and College Park?
    This is zone maps of the Airport Zone for Atlanta PD.
    Name:  2EBDC9DA-8897-4E13-8FC1-83361DF8A0D4.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  25.8 KB
    Name:  12264197-5EA5-422C-AA00-0FE2BB836259.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  60.3 KB

Site Supporter
    This is zone maps of the Airport Zone for Atlanta PD.
    Name:  2EBDC9DA-8897-4E13-8FC1-83361DF8A0D4.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  25.8 KB
    Name:  12264197-5EA5-422C-AA00-0FE2BB836259.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  60.3 KB
    So it is a non contiguous part of Atlanta ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Correct and it is also owned by the City of Atlanta and has been for a long time. Also for those who don't know parts of the normal city limit go into Dekalb County as well (majority is with in Fulton County) the area is with in Zone Six. Also fun fact is that it was an abandoned race track when the City originally leased the land in 1925.

Also the PD's range is not in the City limits and it is in Dekalb County.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 06-08-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Checking back in to report that "damn near all of patrol now has suppressed rifles. Special units too, of course."

Direct from SPD patrol (and ECQC alum) friend. So all’s well on that, locally.

FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Checking back in to report that "damn near all of patrol now has suppressed rifles. Special units too, of course."

Direct from SPD patrol (and ECQC alum) friend. So all’s well on that, locally.

FWIW.
    That's awesome. I'm not the only one who would love to have the Surefire Mini for our Mk18s....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Correct
    Which is odd because state law does not allow for non-contiguous annexations, but it's government; it doesn't have to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That's awesome. I'm not the only one who would love to have the Surefire Mini for our Mk18s....
    It just makes sense.
    #RESIST

User Tag List