Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spokane PD to issue suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Which is odd because state law does not allow for non-contiguous annexations, but it's government; it doesn't have to make sense.
    Same here, but I've seen it happen. There is no governmental legal problem that cannot be solved with a big bag of money in the right hands.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Which is odd because state law does not allow for non-contiguous annexations, but it's government; it doesn't have to make sense.
    Don't know anything about that particular issue, but here they just annex a railroad right off way or similar narrow strip to make it legal.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That's awesome. I'm not the only one who would love to have the Surefire Mini for our Mk18s....
    Just got back from coffee with my patrol bud, since I was reaching out anyways. Amongst other juicy tidbits and war stories: a pile of Gemtech patrolmans for patrol (go figure), and a few surefires for a couple of units—who typically run SBRs, and want to stay short getting out of cars. Eat your heart out, brother.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It just makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Eat your heart out, brother.
    For real. We had someone light off a Mk18 in a vehicle and another agent in the vehicle now has hearing damage.

Even with double ear-pro, people are complaining about headaches after shooting the Mk18s for a full day on the range.

The Surefire Mini would help attenuate, while still allowing us a shorty rifle for our job where we are working in vehicles and carrying them in bags. We're already using the Daniel Defense Mk18 upper with the Surefire Scout 600 and Aimpoint CompM5...…add the LAW Folder, which they only allow for the cool kid unit, and that'd be a sweet package.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    For real. We had someone light off a Mk18 in a vehicle and another agent in the vehicle now has hearing damage.

Even with double ear-pro, people are complaining about headaches after shooting the Mk18s for a full day on the range.
    I do not want to be around a 10.5" 556 going off indoors.

I think the local guys are running 14.5 for their SBRs, plus the, what, 5" of the can?

If it helps assuage, TGS, there is no such thing as perfect admin decisions: all the carbines here are evidently issued with irons. Officers can buy their own optics from the approved list. Which does not include any 1-6, only 1-4x. My guy asked... and is sitting on 1k+ of tasty 1-6 LPV, with some archaic unit on his patrol kit.
    #iswhatitiz
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

#suppressedlife4eva

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    If I used a weapon professionally - I’d want it suppressed especially a rifle.

However, a handgun just wouldn’t be practical currently with suppressor size and holsters, etc.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I do not want to be around a 10.5" 556 going off indoors.

I think the local guys are running 14.5 for their SBRs, plus the, what, 5" of the can?

If it helps assuage, TGS, there is no such thing as perfect admin decisions: all the carbines here are evidently issued with irons. Officers can buy their own optics from the approved list. Which does not include any 1-6, only 1-4x. My guy asked... and is sitting on 1k+ of tasty 1-6 LPV, with some archaic unit on his patrol kit.
    #iswhatitiz
    The 4x limit may be a state certification thing. In TX the Peace Officer certification organization TCOLE which sets the minimum training and qualification standards caps patrol rifle qualifications at 5x (was 3x). To use a rifle with greater than 5x magnification on duty, a TX Peace Officer must complete a TCOLE accredited sniper / designated marksman training course and qualify annually on the TCOLE sniper course course of fire.

Site Supporter
    Maryland authorizes 4X magnification on a patrol rifle. Any greater magnification requires qualification as a precision rifle. We had discussed authorizing magnification, but I don't know if the firearms training unit ever got around to it.
    Last edited by jnc36rcpd; 06-12-2019 at 09:21 AM.

ALLEGEDLY (RUMOR MILL):

HSI is trying to push suppressors through. We issue an 11.5" upper. Word is, our SRT (swat) types will be issued AAC M42K cans bought by the Gov.

For regular field agents, all M4s will be fitted with an AAC 51T mount. The individual SAC offices can use discretionary funds to purchase the M4-2000s by piggybacking a DOD contract. The cans will be owned by the SAC office, not HQ (OFTP), and will be issued to the regular agents. If you switch offices, the can stays in the office, and you go to new office and hope they bought cans.

RUMOR is also that our newly adopted MPX sub guns will be a mix of 8" un-suppressed, and 4" with a direct thread AAC torqued on.

The rumor is, this was sold to HQ by bringing up the long term cost of medical payouts at retirement for hearing damage, which averages something like $60K per claim. The bulk contract price for a M4-2000 is something like $230. So it just makes sense financially to issue the suppressors.

Of course, this was all rumor from December, and subject to change.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List