Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PX4 Safety Lever Roll Pin Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, I would say it is likely that your roll pin is not quite centered. When you put pressure from the right side it binds up, but when you push from the left side (right handed shooter) it is a nonissue.

You are going to have to look very carefully to check and see which end it is hanging out of. Center it up and the problem will likely go away.

Also check to make sure you did not flatten out the roll pin on one side, giving the pin a little bit of a head on one side. That will stick out and can cause the same issue. Even though it looks like it is flush, it is not and can cause the lever to bind.
    Thanks!

Fixed! The pin was standing slightly proud on one side. A little "encouragement" from the punch and a hammer and it works slick now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Fixed! The pin was standing slightly proud on one side. A little "encouragement" from the punch and a hammer and it works slick now.
    Good deal, glad you finally got it. If I wasn’t a new member on probation and woulda seen your post a lot sooner, I coulda told ya it’ll be whole helluva lot easier if you clamp that slide down to your workbench so you don’t have to hold it. I have three of these Storms and when I did the first one, it took me longer to do just it by itself than it did to do my other two back to back once I got around to doing them.

I found it a lot easier to set the slide on two wood blocks and then use a big C clamp with another block of wood between it and the top of the slide to hold it steady so I could concentrate my other hand on holding the punch instead of having to hold the slide, the punch and the safety lever in the right spot all at once to hammer that dinky, tight little pin out. Lol.

I sure do like mine a lot better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coming back to this, what size punch do you actually use to drift out this pin? I have a 1/16" punch (~1.59mm) and it's still too big to go all the way down the shaft.

I believe the actual size is 1.5mm, but before I had a metric punch, I used a 5/64ths (1.43...MM) punch.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I believe the actual size is 1.5mm, but before I had a metric punch, I used a 5/64ths (1.43...MM) punch.
    Not to be obtuse, but I assume that worked?

Yes, and they were available locally.

I used a 1/16 on mine. It was a pain just by trying to hold the slide with one hand but I found that using a couple of blocks of wood to clamp the slide down to the bench, it was a lot easier hammering that pin out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List