Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winchester .350 Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you don't reload then .350 Legend will be better for you since it is hotness right now.

If you reload the .35 Remington will trump .350 Legend. It can push same bullet weights as .350L about 250fps faster across the entire spectrum. Also, .35Rem is a proper .358" bullet where as .350L is a .355". This means more limited bullet selection compared to .358" which is a standard rifle bullet size.
    Well, I have limited experience reloading, started right before the great primer drought. Only .38 special so far. Looking into reloading for .35, the challenge is most of the .358 bullet selection out there is for things like .35 Whelen and .358 Winchester, and I'm running it in a Marlin, so things like COAL are supposedly finicky from what I've read. And I'm not really interested in hot rodding the cartridge, or even sure if there is a practical benefit to a couple hundred fps over one or the other, at the ranges I typically have available to hunt. Ballistically it isnt like we are comparing 308 to 6.5. From a practical standpoint would there be a huge difference between the 2 at 100 yds? 150 yes? That's really stretching the possible farthest likely shot I would have.

.350 legend looks like even for reloading it should be easier due to it being straight walled. And it can use standard 9mm projectiles. But I dont know what I dont know when it comes to if that is a practical benefit.

Its availability of factory ammunition though is a big reason for my interest.

Interestingly enough, today I saw an ad on the Book of Faces where S&W is introducing an X Frame seven shot .350 Legend that uses moonclips. I’m curious but nowhere near enough to buy the beastie.

User Tag List